AI/Active Detterence false alarms

LNK

n3wb
Reaction score
I m looking at buying cameras with Active Detterence but I m wondering how good the AI actually is.. For folks that use the active detterence feature, do you get woken up in the night from your cameras siren/audio message for false alarms? Is there much of a delay between the event happenening, the siren to be set of and the notification to arrive on your phone?

Currently looking at Dahua 5MP AI Active Deterrence Starlight IP Weatherproof Turret Cameras or the Hikvision acusense equivalent but open to other suggestions.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a IPC-T5241H-AS-PV and it works good. I did change the siren to the voice just in case I do get a false alarm its not waking up the neighbors. very seldom do i get a notification on my phone during the night. A big improvement from regular ivs cameras.

intrusion.PNG

LNK

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. How much of a delay is there between the camera detecting an intruder and receiving a phone alert do you reckon?

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have used both the Dahua and the Hikvision. The Dahua line is going to be a cheaper price and you are able to update the firmware easily even if you get an OEM camera with Dahua firmware. Hikvision is roughly 20% more expensive and will not be as easy to update. In my opinion the Hikvision units have slightly better image quality. The active deterrence seems like they are both equal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used both the Dahua and the Hikvision. The Dahua line is going to be a cheaper price and you are able to update the firmware easily even if you get an OEM camera with Dahua firmware. Hikvision is roughly 20% more expensive and will not be as easy to update. In my opinion the Hikvision units have slightly better image quality. The active deterrence seems like they are both equal.
Hikvision is just as easy to update as dahua.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision and their OEM products would be harder. Yes.... if you were to use Hikvision firmware with Hikvision products or Hikvision OEM firmware on Hikvision OEM then of course it is easy to update. The issue is if you have a Hikvision OEM product and you were wanting to put a Hikvision firmware on it. That is not something that is easily doable. Dahua will have no problem. There is no language or region lock on their devices. They use the same firmware for the whole world and can load a Dahua firmware for Dahua OEM product with no issues.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision and their OEM products would be harder. Yes.... if you were to use Hikvision firmware with Hikvision products or Hikvision OEM firmware on Hikvision OEM then of course it is easy to update. The issue is if you have a Hikvision OEM product and you were wanting to put a Hikvision firmware on it. That is not something that is easily doable. Dahua will have no problem. There is no language or region lock on their devices. They use the same firmware for the whole world and can load a Dahua firmware for Dahua OEM product with no issues.
Firmware updates are plentiful and available. I’ve never had to put dahua or hik branded firmware on their oem products. This should not be a purchase consultation.