AIO camera recommendation needed

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys
Can someone please recommend an all-in-one outdoor IP camera with wifi, sd card, cloud monitoring/notifications?
A friend does not want to invest in the whole NVR setup and just wants to monitor his back door with with a doggie door installed? Was thinking of some Hikvision camera, as I like their Ezviz app and its notifications (he does not care about chinese monitoring), but dont know of a good camera of theirs that has wifi.
Anything else good out their with a good picture quality day/night?
There are many good cameras out there, but wifi and cloud app is a must.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys
Can someone please recommend an all-in-one outdoor IP camera with wifi, sd card, cloud monitoring/notifications?
A friend does not want to invest in the whole NVR setup and just wants to monitor his back door with with a doggie door installed? Was thinking of some Hikvision camera, as I like their Ezviz app and its notifications (he does not care about chinese monitoring), but dont know of a good camera of theirs that has wifi.
Anything else good out their with a good picture quality day/night?
There are many good cameras out there, but wifi and cloud app is a must.
HI Sergey,

A friend has a samsung smartcam which I had a chance to play with, and it may need your needs.
Samsung SmartCam

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HI Sergey,

A friend has a samsung smartcam which I had a chance to play with, and it may need your needs.
Samsung SmartCam
Thanks. Does anyone know what sort of a lens it has? 4mm I would assume? Cannot find test videos from that camera and reviews are somewhat of a mix.
Anything else decent out there? For $200 that this Samsung is selling for can get a decent Dahua starlight or similar, just not wifi

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Does anyone know what sort of a lens it has? 4mm I would assume? Cannot find test videos from that camera and reviews are somewhat of a mix.
Anything else decent out there? For $200 that this Samsung is selling for can get a decent Dahua starlight or similar, just not wifi
Hi SergeyAU,

The various samsung smart cams all have a wide FOV ( 128-130 ), thus I suspect something in the 2.8mm lens range
The model I got a change to work with looked like the SNH-V6414BN - indoor rated

Yes you can get a decent Dahua Starlight, though you'd have to setup the VPN and Cloud service and ....

Honestly I believe it will be a significant amount of time on our part to secure the cameras for some folks, only to have them be disappointed when they have issues - so sometimes it is nicer to just give them an option of a solution which we can excuse ourselves from providing support on a regular basis.

Thus I've given up the "you can get a better deal... on a better image producing camera..." for some people when they really only care about ease of use.

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looked at the Ezviz cv-210 camera. Looks like an easy setup, wireless, only $120.

Should do a search on the forum to see if it was discussed, but hard to do multitasking from a mobile =)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looked at the Ezviz cv-210 camera. Looks like an easy setup, wireless, only $120.

Should do a search on the forum to see if it was discussed, but hard to do multitasking from a mobile =)
Hi SergeyAU

In the USA the Samsung model I mentioned is about that price, and sometimes cheaper at places like Costco.

Just do not get one of the wire free kits - like the Ring or Arlo cameras - they have a number of issues due to the design to extend the battery life.

BobbyBrown

n3wb
Reaction score
I got 3 of the EZVIZ 360 mini's for $70 each. The setup was a snap, 5 minutes each with just 1 power wire for the install too, using no other programs with wifi, sd card, cloud monitoring/notifications but not an outdoor camera. I have mine under and eave so and live in dry Arizona so I am hoping they do okay. I am amazed at how far they have come and can believe it's Hikvision, the picture quality is so good. I may check out the bullet cams for outside next and use the 360 domes for inside. Another disposable device I guess just like the microwave.

dglenniu

n3wb
Reaction score
I got 3 of the EZVIZ 360 mini's for $70 each. The setup was a snap, 5 minutes each with just 1 power wire for the install too, using no other programs with wifi, sd card, cloud monitoring/notifications but not an outdoor camera. I have mine under and eave so and live in dry Arizona so I am hoping they do okay. I am amazed at how far they have come and can believe it's Hikvision, the picture quality is so good. I may check out the bullet cams for outside next and use the 360 domes for inside. Another disposable device I guess just like the microwave.
Do you have them setup in Blue Iris? If so, can you share your settings (minus confidential items). I have sent hours trying to get into Blue Iris. I can access with no issues in Ezviz App and Online App, but not Blue Iris. Thank you in advance

David

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have them setup in Blue Iris? If so, can you share your settings (minus confidential items). I have sent hours trying to get into Blue Iris. I can access with no issues in Ezviz App and Online App, but not Blue Iris. Thank you in advance

David
These will not work with blue iris or any third party vms...they will only work via cloud and hikvisions china servers...junk...