Alarm Indicator Lights - Always Red

Momo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hoping someone can provide some guidance on this -

I just purchased a DS-2CD2432F-IW, running firmware 5.2.5.

I have an SD card installed/formatted, and everything looks ok; however, the alarm indicator on the front of the camera remains red.

Everything I read explains that the alarm indicator will turn red when an alarm sensor is being triggered. I haven't turned on (setup) any of the motion detection, PIR, etc functions, so I'm not sure why the light remains red.

To reiterate, the front alarm light is red, the status light is blue, and the network light blinks yellow-ish as it transmits data.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any idea why this light remains red?

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Were you able to fix the constant alarm light issue? I am also having the same problem. Just purchased the camera from CCTV Camera China with firmware 5.2.5 (5.2.8 back sticker) and the alarm indicator light stays on continuously. I tried using the PIR sensor and the camera is unable to detect any motion or trigger any recordings on my NVR. I followed some suggestions online to reset the camera to defaults and reconfigured, but still have the same issue. I did noticed the blue light turning off when I disabled EZVIZ Cloud P2P from Platform Access tab in the network configuration menu. All other functions seem to be working ok, but I really would like to get the PIR sensor working. Could it be that the PIR is bad?

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Should I consider downgrading/upgrading firmware and deal with the possibility of bricking/language issues? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
Try going to the configuration section Basic Event->Exception and click each item in the drop down menu. Uncheck all the boxes for each item, hit save, and then go to the next drop down item and repeat. My alarm kept going off because one of those was set so that might be your problem as well.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try going to the configuration section Basic Event->Exception and click each item in the drop down menu. Uncheck all the boxes for each item, hit save, and then go to the next drop down item and repeat. My alarm kept going off because one of those was set so that might be your problem as well.
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. All settings were already unchecked. At this point I think it has to be a bad PIR sensor or firmware issue, although I remember reading from someone that had a similar issue having the problem once he changed the default HTTP and Server ports for the camera. His problem was fixed with a camera reset and leaving the default ports alone. I did change the HTTP port for the camera, but resetting and leaving the ports alone still didn't fix my issue.

Does anyone knows if it is normal for the red alarm light to be continuously on when applying power to the camera after a factory reset? I tried powering the camera using a power supply with no network connection and also with ethernet PoE and in both occasions the red alarm light is continuously on. I wonder if there is a command to test the status or functionality of the PIR sensor... maybe?

TD22057

n3wb
Reaction score
You know - I just went outside and looked at my camera and the alarm indicator on mine (5.2.5 hacked Chinese firmware) is always red too. I used the audio alarm feature to make sure the PIR was working and that only came on when there was actual motion and my recordings show that as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Check to see if the light goes away or turns blue if you disable all motion detection and alarms...the led may just be indicating that the camera is armed...
regardless if everything else is working then i would just leave it alone..

BillyJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hoping someone can provide some guidance on this -

I just purchased a DS-2CD2432F-IW, running firmware 5.2.5.

I have an SD card installed/formatted, and everything looks ok; however, the alarm indicator on the front of the camera remains red.

Everything I read explains that the alarm indicator will turn red when an alarm sensor is being triggered. I haven't turned on (setup) any of the motion detection, PIR, etc functions, so I'm not sure why the light remains red.

To reiterate, the front alarm light is red, the status light is blue, and the network light blinks yellow-ish as it transmits data.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any idea why this light remains red?

Hi all,

I am having exactly the same issue.
Anyone figure out how to have BLUE light when camera not armed?
Thnaks in advance

intweed

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem for me with chineese 2432F-IW, 5.2.5 multilanguage (5.3.0_150513 on sticker, XinRay store). Alarm led is always on, even if all events detection and notifications are disabled. I'm also looking for solution to set correct alarm indication. Despite that, everything works fine.

Hi all,

I am having exactly the same issue.
Anyone figure out how to have BLUE light when camera not armed?
Thnaks in advance
As I understand, the blue led only shows connection status with Ezviz cloud (Advanced config. -> Network -> Platform Access), there is no dependency on alarm state.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the Alarm Input tab, change the arming schedule.

The Red LED activates when the camera is "armed"

Thanks for the tip, but red LED still there after changes. Seems like we just have to continue to cover that sucker.

philip99

n3wb
Reaction score
On the Alarm Input tab, change the arming schedule.

The Red LED activates when the camera is "armed"
This did it for me. The "alarm LED" can be togglede by manipulating with the Alarm Input Arming Schedule.
1) Check time of camera. Mine is set to NTP with correct timezone
2) Edit schedule, enter a time outside of Now.
3) Copy it to all weeks
4) Hit OK
5) Hit Save.

Step 5 will toggle Alarm LED from Red to Green.

I'll use this as an arming indicator when I decipher the rest of this cams API.

Thanks rotating_equipment :)

intweed

n3wb
Reaction score
This did it for me. The "alarm LED" can be togglede by manipulating with the Alarm Input Arming Schedule.
1) Check time of camera. Mine is set to NTP with correct timezone
2) Edit schedule, enter a time outside of Now.
3) Copy it to all weeks
4) Hit OK
5) Hit Save.

Step 5 will toggle Alarm LED from Red to Green.

I'll use this as an arming indicator when I decipher the rest of this cams API.

Thanks rotating_equipment :)
This solution worked for me. Thanks a lot!