Alert Configuration Help

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some help configuring Alerts. So, a little history and configuration information. I run continuous recording + alerts. I used to learn alerts to check the history when there was movement. It made it easy to find stuff. Then, I would view the clip if I needed to see more. Well, around Christmas, I noticed that I was having storage issues. I had added a bunch of new cameras, and the space just ran out. So I fiddled with it and kept having storage issues, running out of space, etc. So I reconfigured the storage from the ground up and deleted all the old clips and alerts.

My issue is the cameras are not recording alerts like they used to. Some of them don't have any alerts since I did the reconfigure, but the settings look OK (to me). Can someone share their settings for Alerts configured like this so I can get my stuff back the way I would like it? Here is everything I can think of related to alerts.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What BI version are you on?

There are LOTS of threads here of people not having alerts showing up in the thumbnails on any version newer than 5.6.6.X

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What BI version are you on?

There are LOTS of threads here of people not having alerts showing up in the thumbnails on any version newer than 5.6.6.X
5.6.8.2 x64

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some help configuring Alerts. So, a little history and configuration information. I run continuous recording + alerts. I used to learn alerts to check the history when there was movement. It made it easy to find stuff. Then, I would view the clip if I needed to see more. Well, around Christmas, I noticed that I was having storage issues. I had added a bunch of new cameras, and the space just ran out. So I fiddled with it and kept having storage issues, running out of space, etc. So I reconfigured the storage from the ground up and deleted all the old clips and alerts.

My issue is the cameras are not recording alerts like they used to. Some of them don't have any alerts since I did the reconfigure, but the settings look OK (to me). Can someone share their settings for Alerts configured like this so I can get my stuff back the way I would like it? Here is everything I can think of related to alerts.
First use continuous plus trigger if you are using substreams for the continuous otherwise you will only have confirmed alerts recorded as main stream vs all triggers.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is one of many threads from just this week on that version.

Rollback to prior to 5.6.x.x.