Alert not being sent by trigger from command sent via web server

Reaction score
Via the Web server, I send the command /admin?camera=NW&trigger=1 to trigger a camera with the short name NW. The camera gets triggered but no alert is sent. It's not Audio nor Group so I don't check those. I have the other three checked DIO, ONVIF, and Extern. If the trigger is motion, an alert is sent.

Should this work? If it doesn't, what does Extern do?

Thanks for looking

OSD

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you go to that cam's "Alert" tab, "On alert" button, "action set" and create the kind of alert(s) you want and "enable" and save that page ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Extern now is what shows up for many cameras if you are pulling IVS triggers. They do not show up as ONVIF in recent updates.

But one would think what you are trying to do would be an external. If I manually trigger the camera from the console, it shows as an external trigger.

Reaction score
My Blue Iris software is Release 5.5.0.15 x64 (9/22/20210)

When I manually trigger the camera (right click on camera->Trigger now), I, too, get the alert and it is &TYPE EXTERNAL

And, again. when I send the web request OR an MQTT request,(mosquitto_pub -t BlueIris/admin -m "camera=NW&trigger=1") to trigger, the camera triggers, but no alert is sent.

@TonyR Yes, it appears to be properly configure and otherwise acts as such when manually triggered.

Thanks for your input.