alert not working/recording while pause

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using blue iris for roughly 1-2 years now without any problems with recording and SMS alerts. I notice the alert stopped working like a month or two now. Having received anything since. Tried fixing it but doing the test but nothing gets sent. I also notice that when i pause the camera, it still records when trigger, it never did that before. Is this all a new update or something? any help would be much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using blue iris for roughly 1-2 years now without any problems with recording and SMS alerts. I notice the alert stopped working like a month or two now. Having received anything since. Tried fixing it but doing the test but nothing gets sent. I also notice that when i pause the camera, it still records when trigger, it never did that before. Is this all a new update or something? any help would be much appreciated.
Did you update? what version are you running? details..what did you change?
cameras always recorded when paused.

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
4.5.5.0 x64 I always paused for like whatever hour i was going to probably trigger it for and it never saved the recording or alerted me via SMS.(never saved onto the right side "clip" section when paused) Now i cant even get a SMS text alert trigger working and all the interface on blue iris seem changed so im assuming it was an update that changed everything. Cant remember if i updated recently, most likely did. Just want to know what i should try to get it working again. I'm connected to the internet, i used an email to send the SMS and i see the SMS being sent in my email sent folder but nothing is being sent to my phone. Havent really changed anything since it was working how i wanted for a year+ now so any help would do. It has to be an update. Just not sure what changed to effect the alert and the recording. thank you.

Or maybe it could be my service provider blocking the SMS? Dont see why that would be a problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.5.5.0 x64 I always paused for like whatever hour i was going to probably trigger it for and it never saved the recording or alerted me via SMS.(never saved onto the right side "clip" section when paused) Now i cant even get a SMS text alert trigger working and all the interface on blue iris seem changed so im assuming it was an update that changed everything. Cant remember if i updated recently, most likely did. Just want to know what i should try to get it working again. I'm connected to the internet, i used an email to send the SMS and i see the SMS being sent in my email sent folder but nothing is being sent to my phone. Havent really changed anything since it was working how i wanted for a year+ now so any help would do. It has to be an update. Just not sure what changed to effect the alert and the recording. thank you.
if you look at the release notes for v3 you will see that pause never stopped recording...you must have something messed up in your settings...
regardless update to .1...and see what happens or revert back..turn off auto update and figure out whats wrong when it happens..its hard to remember what changed after a month..

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this the right settings? I really dont know what else could be the problem.

I figure out how to turn off the alert when i pause, its under "others" in blue iris options. This section ive never seen before, pretty sure its new.

Attachments

rekma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah. So I found this in junk mail in my email that I was using to send the SMS.

"Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: Fix email delivery issues for error code 4.4.7 in Office 365 - Office Support"

Weird. I guess it's my phone. Anyone know what to do here? I guess I'll need to call my my phone service provider.