Alert problem with latest update

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing issues with Alerts with the latest update? When I click on an alert, most of the time the video plays at the wrong point in time.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same here, problems with alerts in the last two "point" releases, rolling back (just slightly) to 5.8.9.1 fixes it for me.

Reaction score
Well just want to keep updated with the latest. Don't want to be stuck on .1 version.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well just want to keep updated with the latest. Don't want to be stuck on .1 version.
Most of us don't update until he adds a feature we want or need.

If you want to be on the latest, you are a beta tester, and we thank you for that. But then don't be surprised if something doesn't work...

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing issues with Alerts with the latest update? When I click on an alert, most of the time the video plays at the wrong point in time.
Yes, I have had this same issue as well as a couple cameras not recording new alerts.

Reaction score
Even if I downgrade to .1, will this issue be resolved eventually going forward?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even if I downgrade to .1, will this issue be resolved eventually going forward?
Yes. BI is always making improvements.

But like I said, if you auto update or want to be on the latest/greatest, then accept you are a beta tester.

Either update to only Stable versions and not latest versiosn or when you find one that works for you do not update until BI adds a feature you want or need.

Last edited:

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 cloned cameras that have stopped recordings, and also showing signal loss.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've found that on most of the recent BI updates I've tried (above 5.7.8.3) if I have my playback speed set above 2x and double-click an alert it will often start playback at the wrong time.