Alerts coming a day or hours later

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to BI 5 ,I am at the latest level. Some alerts come through correctly quite a few alerts are taking a hours or day to come through text message to phone. I have verify with gmail that they are being sent out at proper time. Not sure its a BI issue other than a setting maybe to space out alerts . I am not sure how to fix as i am still trying to learn all these new settings .TIA

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I fine it strange that only started with my upgrade to 5. Is there another email that does not cause issues?
Yes, but could also be a coincidence.
Several threads in that link concerning AVast AntivIrus being the culprit so it's possible that another brand of a/v could be a problem.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^+1 and this can be proven by looking at the BI logs and seeing that the email was sent the moment the alert happened. Then you can go to your sent folder in gmail and can confirm it did indeed send the text message to you at that time. And since you did not receive the text message until later, at that point it is an issue with your mobile provider.

it is just coincidence that it happened with the upgrade.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's your cell provider. Bi cannot control anything after the Gmail is sent.
i switched to zoho for testing , all my alerts are back with proper time stamps. they are blocking it after to many alerts also. Does any mail provider work with no issues?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will find it is so inconsistent and not really email provider dependent and it is up to the cell provider algorithm to decide if it is spam or not. Sure their algorithm my favor blocking one over another, but too many as you see and it will block those too.

If you haven't already, you need to really tighten up your alerts so you don't get so many - that will flag almost any cell provider. For example, if you have 3 cams that all trigger and alert at the same time, most will consider that spam. If you have an alert going to two different phone numbers, it is best to put in a timer in BI to spread them out.

You could reach out to your provider and provide that email address and ask them to mark it as not spam, but they may or may not listen to it.

And it may work for 6 months and then happen again when the cell provider changes their spam algorithm.

You will find it to be less hassle to cough up the $10 for the BI app to push notification you, or $5 for the pushover app to send you push notifications.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
most of my alerts are drive way traffic in and out. i have 4 cameras that follow, they all alert individually not in groups. some are on the animal gate area .

I just when to BI5 i have not even read up on push notification or the pushover app.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
$5 one time charge for lifetime subscription to Pushover with unlimited devices per platform.

You will recieve a Pushover email address that you can send your Blue Iris/Gmail alerts to and you will receive them instantly. Works with image attachments too. No need to use your cell provider's text messaging service, which is throttling your alerts right now.

I've been using this for a while without issues.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
$5 one time charge for lifetime subscription to Pushover with unlimited devices per platform.

You will recieve a Pushover email address that you can send your Blue Iris/Gmail alerts to and you will receive them instantly. Works with image attachments too. No need to use your cell provider's text messaging service, which is throttling your alerts right now.

I've been using this for a while without issues.
That definitely sounds like a solution to me! thank you