Alerts during certain hours

deathcomp

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying to figure out this schedule thing. What my goal is for one camera I have it setup to send me a txt when an alert is triggered. This works great. However I want the camera to only alert during certain times of day, 2200 - 0700 to be exact.

Do I do this with profiles or schedules or how exactly do I get it to do this?

thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying to figure out this schedule thing. What my goal is for one camera I have it setup to send me a txt when an alert is triggered. This works great. However I want the camera to only alert during certain times of day, 2200 - 0700 to be exact.

Do I do this with profiles or schedules or how exactly do I get it to do this?

thanks in advance.
set a second profile for the times when you DONT want alerts. Set everything the same (remember that motion, record and other options are profile specific) except disable alerts in this second profile.

deathcomp

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a profile tutorial somewhere? Because I'm still not understanding how to make this work right. I have some cameras that need to record 24/7 while others only record during motion. The motion ones during certain times need to send the txt msg. I'm sure there is a way to make this work, I'm just not understanding profiles and schedules well enough right now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a profile tutorial somewhere? Because I'm still not understanding how to make this work right. I have some cameras that need to record 24/7 while others only record during motion. The motion ones during certain times need to send the txt msg. I'm sure there is a way to make this work, I'm just not understanding profiles and schedules well enough right now.
Forget about schedules....all you need is a distinct profile. The help file explains how to set it up. You can follow the instructions I posted above and you will get the intended result.