Alerts list slow to populate.

HugChopShop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Running BI on Optiplex i5-4590, 8GB ram, Single 4TB WD purple.
Hard drive setup to always leave ~400mb free.
Steady state is roughly 15% CPU and 3gb/ram when not logged into UI3.
Roughly 20-30% 4gb ram with 1-2 devices logged in and viewing.
Running roughly 15mp of cameras recording full time (2 dahua outdoor, 2 foscam indoor and RCA doorbell.)
2 cameras cloned with different zone and only record on alert.

Overall it works well. 2 concerns:
1. In UI3 when I select a camera, then alert list, the sidebar with the alerts is slow to populate. 1-2 minutes to populate. Once populated, it is fairly responsive. Other screens are fairly responsive. Is this normal or is there something I can do to speed this up?
2. Thinking about adding 2-3 more cameras. Probably a 2MP indoor and 1-2 4MP outdoor. What is max total MP you recommended for this system?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Running BI on Optiplex i5-4590, 8GB ram, Single 4TB WD purple.
Hard drive setup to always leave ~400mb free.
Steady state is roughly 15% CPU and 3gb/ram when not logged into UI3.
Roughly 20-30% 4gb ram with 1-2 devices logged in and viewing.
Running roughly 15mp of cameras recording full time (2 dahua outdoor, 2 foscam indoor and RCA doorbell.)
2 cameras cloned with different zone and only record on alert.

Overall it works well. 2 concerns:
1. In UI3 when I select a camera, then alert list, the sidebar with the alerts is slow to populate. 1-2 minutes to populate. Once populated, it is fairly responsive. Other screens are fairly responsive. Is this normal or is there something I can do to speed this up?
2. Thinking about adding 2-3 more cameras. Probably a 2MP indoor and 1-2 4MP outdoor. What is max total MP you recommended for this system?
WD purple is a slow drive. You need to install the OS, blue iris and the database folder on a fast SSD. The alerts list will populate instantly.
With the new substream feature you can run many more MP on that system.