Alerts not showing in UI3

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have added a new camera and all is working, until I go to look on UI3 web page or mobile app, and non of the alerts are showing up, if I look on the server they are showing.
I can see live video on both but alert icons are missing.
Am I missing a setting somewhere to allow them to show ?

TIA

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are all your other cameras in a group? Check your "Filter Alerts by:" and see if it is set to: All Cameras

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have checked and no cameras are in a group, the filter is is on all, and even when filtered to this PTZ cam it shows nothing in the alerts.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I assume that when you say it's working, alerts are showing up when looking at Blue Iris, but not on UI3. If that is so, I'm out of ideas, maybe @bp2008 may have some ideas...

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have checked that, and I am logging in as an admin, and the view recordings is ticked.

I have noticed that it records to the NEW folder as do all the other cameras.
And on the main pc with BI installed it shows up with the others on ALL, but that camera does not show any recordings in ALERT, where all the other camera do.

slimnil

n3wb
Reaction score
Have checked that, and I am logging in as an admin, and the view recordings is ticked.

I have noticed that it records to the NEW folder as do all the other cameras.
And on the main pc with BI installed it shows up with the others on ALL, but that camera does not show any recordings in ALERT, where all the other camera do.
I have also 'lost' my Alert option in the UI3. Alerts are still showing from the server end, but they are no longer available within UI3. Strange !!!

gmouer

n3wb
Reaction score
I also am not seeing a alerts tab at the top of the screen on UI3. It DID work and was there up until yesterday !! Now its gone for all cameras. I did take a update on the server yesterday so that is very suspicious. Alerts show fine on the server and on my android phone app, just not on my laptop with UI3 (as of yesterday)

I should note that in the clips tab of U13 the alerts are recording and playing, just the alerts tab at the top of the screen is completely gone as of yesterday.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The latest UI3 version has moved the Alerts list into a dropdown box in the Clips tab. This makes things a lot more like they are in the Blue Iris local console.

1601041827184.png

slimnil

n3wb
Reaction score
The latest UI3 version has moved the Alerts list into a dropdown box in the Clips tab. This makes things a lot more like they are in the Blue Iris local console.

View attachment 71198
I noticed that this morning, but since at the time I didn't have any alerts, the option was blank. To me this is a bit more complicated to find alerts. Oh well... progress.

jepster

n3wb
Reaction score
I had same issue too, I thought something broke.
Too bad, all that free space on the bar area above the images and now 3 clicks to do the same thing one did before. Alerts are very different than Clips, especially with the cool mouse-over quickview... that is the best feature ever. And I'm getting the frantic calls too, so gotta retrain the front line. It's just like "My ICON is gone! My ICON is gone! All my programs are GONE!"

Who do I Venmo to get ALERTS tab back? ha ha.
(Sorry, I know I sound like an old man. Also, get off my lawn.)

bbarenz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It seems absurd to take a primary feature and bury it under menu's but I'm sure there was some logical thought process for it. Either way it would be really nice if the developers would listen to the customers and put the feature back.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It seems absurd to take a primary feature and bury it under menu's but I'm sure there was some logical thought process for it. Either way it would be really nice if the developers would listen to the customers and put the feature back.
Since you have been around since 2015, you know Brian started the UI for BI on his own and supported it on his own. He was kind enough to share it with all the BI users. It has evolved into an embedded part of BI. I believe he now trys to make it look more and more embedded, to Ken's conformity. He has reasons for what he does. I have full and complete faith in what he does, and appreciate ALL the tools he provides us for FREE. Well, I support him through Paypal. My life seems to revolve around his tools now. It is good for you to provide feedback, but I would use a little better tone.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are spoiled. Why do you think your opinion matters more than others. Do you have full access to support tickets to determine what customers prefer? Regardless, what other software developer have you seen as responsive as the blue iris developer? As noted Ui3 was developer by bp2008 and was a huge improvement over the old webserver interface. Perhaps you can email the blue iris developer and ask if you can have that back.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is only one man developing BI, there is no plural.
@bp2008 develops UI3 on his own, and for free.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SORTED

I deleted the camera and reinstalled it.

All is working now.

Thanks for the info.