Alerts only for the past 12 hours

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that alerts on the mobile app, iOS, only shows the past 12 hours? Used to show around 3-5 days before, no idea when this changed or if I’ve missed a setting somewhere where this can be configured?

I tend to looks at the days alerts in the evening to see if there was any naughtiness in the early hours but can no longer review them unless I do a search by date and then look through the hour long clips.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Nobody? Can somebody on iOS please check how far back their alerts go, simple to do, go into the alerts tab, swipe the screen down and jn the search bar enter the name of a cam then scroll down to see how far you can view alerts.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
My alerts go back for days and days.

App version 2.01.05. BI version 5.5.2.5.

In BI itself, do you have alerts there?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
My alerts go back for days and days.

App version 2.01.05. BI version 5.5.2.5.

In BI itself, do you have alerts there?
On my eval system which had the latest version installed I can only see around 12 hours worth but I’ve just connected directly to my main rig which is on 5.2.1.8 and can now see 2 days worth which is good enough for me.

Running the same version of the app.

Yes I can see all the alerts in BI itself.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm just checked just now and again I only have alerts from the last 10 hours.

Think I might try uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it does exactly the same on my wife’s phone.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a "calendar" icon on the upper right of the "all cameras" screen on the IoS version. It's on the Android version and lets me go back three days by selecting a day.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a "calendar" icon on the upper right of the "all cameras" screen on the IoS version. It's on the Android version and lets me go back three days by selecting a day.
Yes I have the calendar option which allows me to wade back through the clips.

It’s within the Alerts section when searching for alerts from specific cams where I only see alerts for the last 10 hours.

I’ve just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that doesn’t fix the issue.

I did swap out one of my 2Tb drives for an 8Tb drive last Sunday but didn’t encounter any issues and can see all the alerts on the PC itself.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what I get, Patio2 only shows a single alert and Patio2 goes back only a few hours, you can see the slider on the side is at the end of the list

IMG_8856.png

IMG_8858.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's odd. If you weren't seeing the older alerts in BI or if you weren't seeing any on the phone then I'd better understand why you might not for a variety of reasons. But you do so...

You're seeing the same on two different BI installations and on two different phones?

Anything unusual about how you set up Alerts?

Maybe take a look at the log on BI and the debug log in the app. I kind of doubt that you'll see anything but who knows. Maybe do a rebuild of the database. If not out of support, send them a note.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
when you changed hard drives, you might have alert data that being captured, but going thru a different path? or the 3-4-5 days back is on the other drive? or maybe make sure the drive letters are the same everywhere in the system

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Drive letter is exactly the same, I copied the bulk of the clips overnight, then in the morning stopped the BI service and synced up the new clips, compared the content of the drives before swapping them out. I’ve done this before, used to have 2 2Tb drives, swapped one of the 2Tb drives out for a 6Tb back in Feb/March and last week swapped out the other 2Tb with an 8Tb so now have a 6 and 8Tb drives installed.

I did think it might be related to the drive swap but then I don’t see why the alerts just stop being shown after 12 or so hours and I did the drive swap last Sunday so I’d expect to see newer alerts since, makes no sense.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This is what I see for the 2 cams I posted yesterday, something strange going on, BI support has expired on my main rig and haven’t got round to renewing but will do, can’t believe it would be related to that?

There must be a setting that is misconfigured somewhere. Not changed anything in ages if I’m honest, will have a look at the BI settings in depth tomorrow when I have some time.

IMG_8861.png

IMG_8862.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Had a chance to check BI and spent some time going through the main and cam configs and couldn’t really see anything that stood out. I also checked some older clips and alerts from before last Sunday when I replaced the 2Tb drive and they are all fine and BI lists them and plays them back with no issues.

There has to be something obvious that I’m either missing or overlooking.

Also noticed that an Android app used has posted with a very similar issue.

I might, time permitting trash all the existing clips so that it starts recording clips from scratch and see what happens as at the back of mind I am wondering if the drive swap has somehow upset something.

This is what I see today, so older alerts are being removed beyond a specific time?

View attachment 111747

View attachment 111748

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen several similar posts lately. Started to tag you but you seemed to be on them.

You're still seeing the older alerts on BI? If so, then they must not be being moved/deleted. Again, if missing on both BI and the app I could understand why and look to something like that. But just on the app, I'm not sure.