Alerts only for the past 12 hours

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you recording 24/7 or just on alerts? Even if you're recoding on alerts only I'd move them off the C drive and just leave the database on the C drive. If you're recording 24/7 alerts are nothing more than a database entry and not a physical clip unless you've specified otherwise in the configuration of each camera.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Alerts is assigned 5gb on the C: drive but the folder is empty, I’ve not renamed Alerts, read about it being a special folder in the help when I started using BI.

I think I may know the issue, I’ve been thinking about what I’ve recently changed, by recent I mean within the last 6 months but I need to do some testing which I’ll do in the morning.

I’ve got 3 clones cams which record only on motion, so these generate a lot of clips but don’t increment the alerts counter, I added these as a group of cams visible within the app which is the last real change I’ve made. I think the mobile app when fetching alerts must have a total number of alerts that it is able to fetch even though I am only searching for alerts from a specific cam.

As a test I’ll remove the group in the morning to see what happens.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I shot myself in the foot recently confusing a clip from a clone with a clip from the master. I was trying to change the mask in the master, but needed to change it in the clone. DUHHHHHHHH.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I sort fixed the issue for now, I decided to do a complete wipe of the DB and then a regenerate, this got rid of all my existing alerts, I knew it would do this so right now I only have a dozen or so alert clips and I can see them all

Will wait for more to come in but I’ve now also created another user who doesn’t have access to the clones group so once I see the problem again I’ll try and login as that user to see if the behaviour differs.

I posted a while back saying I could only see 2 days worth when searching and when I swapped to a larger drive that went down to only around 12 hours so my thoughts on there being a max number of alerts that the mobile app can fetch and display sort of makes sense to me.

Will keep the thread updated in case it helps others.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Did more testing today, I think the mobile app is definitely fetching a set number of alerts or looking at a set number.

First screenshot is from a user that has access to view all cams including the clone cams, the 2nd is from a user that can only see the 8 main cams, this user can see more alerts going back a few days.

IMG_8891.jpg

IMG_8890.jpg