Alerts

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have set email alerts when motion is detected. That's not enough but I won't be able to do much as my BI is running on a VM created by a hypervisor on the NAS where no RJ-11 is available.

Any ideas on how to reach a phone call alert with this setup?

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have set email alerts when motion is detected. That's not enough but I won't be able to do much as my BI is running on a VM created by a hypervisor on the NAS where no RJ-11 is available.

Any ideas on how to reach a phone call alert with this setup?

Why would you need an rj11 for anything...you can send SMS or send alerts directly to the mobile app

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
Why would you need an rj11 for anything...you can send SMS or send alerts directly to the mobile app
you are right..I missed this out although I have already enabled my phone on options/mobile devices...the reason the test never worked was that I have not enabled the app not to sleep when screen goes off on the phone...now I did so test worked fine....it even alerted the app while I switched off wifi and was connected on data without VPN so unfortunately mobile app does not log-in but atleast alerts are still making big noise, although I don't know how they do without VPN

Last edited: