Aliexpress experiences?

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have seen links to some Dahua cameras to the Aliexpress website. I have never purchased from them so I did a little googling. One site I found ".. makeuseof..." had some pretty critical reviews. Most were complaining about the shipping time, many complained about incorrect products and customer service disputes that ended badly. I'm sure many of you guys have purchased cams from Ali. How have your purchases gone? Thanks.

Reaction score
I have seen links to some Dahua cameras to the Aliexpress website. I have never purchased from them so I did a little googling. One site I found ".. makeuseof..." had some pretty critical reviews. Most were complaining about the shipping time, many complained about incorrect products and customer service disputes that ended badly. I'm sure many of you guys have purchased cams from Ali. How have your purchases gone? Thanks.
If you deal with Andy's @EMPIRETECANDY store you will have zero problems. I like others, did have any initial issue with ordering using a VISA credit card. Once I responded to the blocking message my bank sent me, I have had no issues since then. Just made a purchase on Tuesday, and it's shipped via DHL, and at no additional charge. How can you beat this?

Oh, and most are reporting their shipments arriving within a week after shipment, from China.

Most of the links referenced on ipCamTalk are to Empire Tech or BEC, both of which Andy is affiliated with. As a seller, he's the best in my book.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you deal with Andy's @EMPIRETECANDY store you will have zero problems. I like others, did have any initial issue with ordering using a VISA credit card. Once I responded to the blocking message my bank sent me, I have had no issues since then. Just made a purchase on Tuesday, and it's shipped via DHL, and at no additional charge. How can you beat this?

Oh, and most are reporting their shipments arriving within a week after shipment, from China.

Most of the links referenced on ipCamTalk are to Empire Tech or BEC, both of which Andy is affiliated with. As a seller, he's the best in my book.
Agreed, so far nothing but good things to say about @EMPIRETECANDY , great communication and pricing. Just waiting for my cameras to get here.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
+1 for EMPIRETECANDY. I have not tried ordering from any other sellers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are overly paranoid, you can purchase the fixed starlight turret model at bandh for 168. They are authorized dahua distributors with full warranty.
Dahua Technology Pro Series 2MP Outdoor Network Eyeball N24BG53

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ePacket Delivery from China offers no tracking, just delivery confirmation.. takes at least 2 Weeks from dropping in mail, up to 3-4 weeks sometimes depending on Customs
DHL Delivery from China is like 3-4 Days from dropping it in the mail..

Many AliVendors dont keep stocks on shelf, they just play middleman.. You buy a camera, they order it from factory.. 2 weeks later they get it, ship it to you and then if your silly enough to choose ePacket your going to be waiting another 2 weeks so its at least a month.

If Andy has em in stock, He offers free DHL and I get em in less than a week.. If he dont have em in stock he delists his products, which is not the norm by any stretch.. Several users have also experienced manufacturer defects and he seems to be taking care of them w/out hassle.. He gives you all the benefits of buying domestic models, (Fast Shipping/Warranty/Customer Service) with all the discounts of importing.

Ive been buying off AliExpress since its beginnings; if you plan ahead adequately and dont get anxiety over shipping updates its a great way to save alot of money.. Never really had any major issues, just some minor hiccups here and there that coulda happened w/any eStore.. They are alot more suspicious of new users now days so might have to jump through hoops to get payment to go through.

Last edited:

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
I know this thread is old, but wanted to ask, How is Andy at returns if you have a defective item? who pays return shipping, Just trying to decide on going with Andy or Lorex or Amazon. Yea I know I pay a hell of alot more through Lorex or Amazon. but just dont want to deal with return hassles for bad equipment.
Thanx for the info.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but wanted to ask, How is Andy at returns if you have a defective item? who pays return shipping, Just trying to decide on going with Andy or Lorex or Amazon. Yea I know I pay a hell of alot more through Lorex or Amazon. but just dont want to deal with return hassles for bad equipment.
Thanx for the info.
Dahua through Andy has a very low a problem rate. He takes care of folks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanx for the info.
its not that you will pay more through amazon or lorex, there are certain models like the varifocal turret that are simply not available through those channels...you would have to have each one of your cameras die twice to make buying from US sources make sense...

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just placed my first order with Andy yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes but I am not in the least bit concerned after everything I have read here about him and my email correspondence with him. He sends an invoice to you through paypal once you get your pricing settled.