Aliexpress? ordering?

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so i'm trying to order through ali express. and W.T.F. they want a photo copy of my drivers license, CC, bank statement.

this is after it told me the site was busy a few times and couldn't process my payment then.

what.the.actual.fuck.

you want my SSN, how about my banking pins, and to get a blood sample while they are at it.

does everyone get that, or is it just me ?

their chat bot is horrid.....

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, Aliexpress can be a real pita at times... suggest consider paypal instead if you have the appropriate contact info.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered non-camera related items before from Ali, think i used paypal too, not much harder than US online stores. But I only ordered around $5 worth of stuff (and they still gave me free shipping haha) If you're ordering a few hundred dollars that might be why they want all that info to prevent fraud...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been wondering if it could be tied to the specific store on Ali? The first time I tried to order, I got all of that cr*p and walked away from it. I tried another order a couple of months later and it sailed right through. Or maybe it's just random? I also had credit card hassles, one visa card wouldn't verify but another worked ok.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If in the US, call your bank BEFORE you order, and let them know you are making an overseas transaction. The bank could be flagging the attempt as fraud.
Don't send all that personal info....ever.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've been wondering if it could be tied to the specific store on Ali? The first time I tried to order, I got all of that cr*p and walked away from it. I tried another order a couple of months later and it sailed right through. Or maybe it's just random? I also had credit card hassles, one visa card wouldn't verify but another worked ok.
Normally i ask US guys use paypal only, send an invoice and can pay fast. Easy and safe~

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't know if it is geolocated as such, but here in Australia when I use aliexpress there is NO paypal option, and I have read that as of 2017 they have their own alipay? system to cover the buyer

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use a PrePaid card. I think just about any bank will give you a pre-paid cc card. Just put the amount you need on the card and order.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
so i'm trying to order through ali express. and W.T.F. they want a photo copy of my drivers license, CC, bank statement. [...] does everyone get that, or is it just me ?
I just had an order "closed" by them which, to "appeal", I have to provide, like you, a copy of my driver's license, credit card, and bank statement. Everything someone needs to perform identity theft.

Not sure I'm particularly keen on going this, for some reason I suspect my perfect credit will end up in the shitter if I do.

Guess I'll have to find a different supplier.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just had an order "closed" by them which, to "appeal",..

Not sure I'm particularly keen on going this, for some reason I suspect my perfect credit will end up in the shitter if I do.

Guess I'll have to find a different supplier.
Had the same experience on Aliexpress with an order being closed - oddly this kept happening for ONE product repeatedly which the seller had listed - the other products I had no issues with. Both the seller and I found it very frustrating with Aliexpress repeatedly closing the order for that product. Ending up getting the other products w/o that one.