AliExpress - Who are people using?

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
i tried to order a DS-2CD2342WD-I from China Security Wholesale on aliexpress.
Soon 14days since i ordered, and it's not shipped yet. also almost 1 week ago i sent a queston to them, still no reply.
They will get a negative rating from me

Maeseken

n3wb
Reaction score
Del Boy;So there is a problem... do not buy the 2CDxxx5 at the moment if you have older NVR and do not buy 2CD3xx5 if you have international NVR... at least until we know more.[/QUOTE said:
Ok, thanks for the info Del Boy but I only use a micro SD card to record so for me there's no problem ;)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Soon 14days since i ordered, and it's not shipped yet. also almost 1 week ago i sent a queston to them, still no reply.
It sounds well-deserved.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The two I have used and would use again are:

CCTV Camera China - NVR got caught in customs and I had to pay alot but I blame Parcelforce who want to make as much money as possible. Also delayed it a week which is annoying. NVR was perfect (well except the fact it's Chinese and I thought it'd be English) though so can't fault the seller. 2032s took ages to arrive but no problems or extra costs

XinRay - 2232s again took ages to arrive but no problem, 2332s had to pay something like £12 admin charge and £8 tax... again blame Parcelforce!

I've used a few others and ended up with wrong lens sizes etc followed by crap service, but with those two you know you are getting what you order (based on my experience!).

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So no consensus on who is safe to use right now?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Chill, I ordered end of july a 4mp camera and it just shipped today. Huge demand, backorder.
Don't be spoiled, not trying to be mean, but have you even messaged them and asked any questions? If you haven't contacted them, then you have no right to leave a negative word.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Cctv camera china has Dahua items back up for sale. I ordered two more 4MP cams from them today.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Chill, I ordered on July 27th a 4mp camera and it just shipped today. Huge demand, backorder.
Don't be spoiled, not trying to be mean, but have you even messaged them and asked any questions? If you haven't contacted them, then you have no right to leave a negative word.
My first 4mp cam from cctv camera china was ordered July 20th and only just shipped yesterday, August 11th. It was obviously backordered too.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Same, IPC-HDBW4421R-AS. With 2.8mm lens.

Just today I ordered two of the turrets (IPC-HDW4421C) with 6mm lenses.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Even though you didn't ask me, here is the one I ordered: IPC-HDBW4421R-AS
Thanks badmop. I'll check out that model you ordered. I'm about ready to order a couple more cameras. Most of my cameras are Hik's and ESC's but might give Dahua a shot. :)

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, my first HD camera order, also forgot it's a 2.8mm lens.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So consider cancelling the order then?? Or give them the option to ship it or cancel the order or explain.

I've ordered some 4mp cameras but Ali is bit of a crap shoot right now with only low rating stores left.

ntenz

n3wb
Reaction score
So consider cancelling the order then?? Or give them the option to ship it or cancel the order or explain.

I've ordered some 4mp cameras but Ali is bit of a crap shoot right now with only low rating stores left.
The cam is now shipped, when they first replied to my mail everything been good after that.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Cctv camera china apparently shipped my second two cameras already. Only ordered them two days ago. I guess that means they were in stock this time.

slickdawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Julia, Diana, I suspect they are pen names simply to make it easier for english speaking people to identify with them.

My last order of 5 2032's from CCTV China came in fine last week, and now they no longer sell Hikvision it appears. I'm thinking about getting 1-2 more, but now there's the 4MP that I need to look at.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to stick with Hikvision, I recommend you look at milkisbad's offerings here: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/257-Good-source-to-buy-IP-items-at

His prices are very reasonable considering they ship from the USA and you get a nice warranty and you don't have to deal with questionable aliexpress sellers. He has 4MP cameras too.

Also important, whatever you get from milkisbad will be English versions, not Chinese versions, so they won't be compatible with Chinese Hikvision NVRs.