AliExpress - Who are people using?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to stick with Hikvision, I recommend you look at milkisbad's offerings here: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/257-Good-source-to-buy-IP-items-at

His prices are very reasonable considering they ship from the USA and you get a nice warranty and you don't have to deal with questionable aliexpress sellers. He has 4MP cameras too.

Also important, whatever you get from milkisbad will be English versions, not Chinese versions, so they won't be compatible with Chinese Hikvision NVRs.
NOTE: They will work with a Chinese NVR if you have loaded a flag changed firmware or you still running a old version firmware like 3.07 or 3.08 as they support both regional cameras.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My 4mp should be here Tuesday, I highly doubt based on tracking that it will be here Monday. I can't wait, but I still need more cameras, more money.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One thing I hate about AliExpress is the 2-part delivery wait, and not knowing which bit it's stuck in.

You know it's going to take 3 to 4 weeks for delivery but it's how long it takes before dispatch... sometimes it's 1 week, sometimes it's 4 weeks.

Currently waiting for a phone and it's driving me nuts!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What phone? I understood my issue since it was back ordered, but as Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part. ;)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Elephone P8000... looking to give that a try as I'm fed up with the big brands and their bloatware.

Waiting is one reason I don't get cameras on Ali anymore.

froboy272

n3wb
Reaction score
I just placed an order for 6 DS-2CD2342WD-I and a 7616NI-E2/8P from Joanna at CCTV Camera Wholesale. Very good customer service so far I will update once I get the items.
So I got a DHL delivery today from CCTV Camera Wholesale and the goods have arrived safely. Very pleased thus far. Wont be able to hook them up for a few days to check out the 4mp picture quality but will report back when I do.

Attachments

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
froboy272 as i see on the store, it's US $170.00 , have you see that two guys paid US $141.00 ?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@froboy272... looks good!
@Frankosor you can't trust the last paid feedback bit because they edit the title and description but it's the same advert. 141usd could be anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

wackid

n3wb
Reaction score
Just bought on Aliexpress a Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IW for a great price. Now lean back for four weeks.

froboy272

n3wb
Reaction score
froboy272 as i see on the store, it's US $170.00 , have you see that two guys paid US $141.00 ?
I didn't pay $170 each b/c I got 6 of them and the NVR. Contact Joanna she will hook you up with a discount. She answered all my questions right away and the turn time was fantastic.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^^ you placed the order 1 week ago and already received the goods? This is from CCTV China? From what site (link) did you place the order?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my 4mp dahua to arrive, it departed the last location in the USA before it will be to me, so it will be atleast friday, maybe saturday. USPS can be slow considering how quickly things make it from China these days.

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pbc

froboy272 says :
Joanna at CCTV Camera Wholesale.

I think it's here
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/1187561.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's £90 equivalent in the UK... Sorry but you can buy DS-2CD2032-I from the UK for less than that delivered including 20% sales tax! And Nelly's has their version for $149.99. I don't have milkisbad prices but I'm sure it'll be less and direct from the US.

Except the WD stuff, these prices seem a bit crazy? I want DS-2CD2032-I for less than $100 please :D

7 days from China possible with DHL, it's a 3-day service they do world-wide. I once ordered something on Monday and had it by Wednesday (that wasn't Ali though). I find DHL to UK though, they like to charge a little admin/tax fee before delivery.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Buying Hiks seems to have gone from simple to frustrating. Maybe I should switch to Dahua? Just haven't invested any time in figuring out their NVRs and Cams, but need to buy 8 cams and an NVR now that I'm in my new place.