AliExpress - Who are people using?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The credit really goes to DHL service. It is pretty impressive speed and not that much cost for international shipping. I usually just leave a message to DHL guys to leave the package on the porch.

Btw, anyone dealt with this store: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-7608NI-E2-8P-8CH-NVR-Economic-PoE-NVR-for-HD-IP-Camera-5-Megapixels/1970294250.html

I am starting to have bad experience from them despite their excellent feedback. It took them 10 days to process my order only to provide tracking number for DHL 1 hour before the processing expiration time. The number turned out to be wrong and not trackable. I know for a fact that when a new number is generated for DHL it will at least show a status of that. I started sending messages to the seller who has been unresponsive. Bottom line lots of feedback is not always indication of great service, I've dealt with much smaller stores with far impressive customer support.

They have been around for a while. All I can say is I was working out a deal to order 16 pcs and they took 3 days going back and forth just to understand my order. I got impatient and decided to deal with dragon instead. Dragon is turning into a nightmare.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might be a coinsdence but dragon replied back with screenshots of his wireless network say xinray.

Will advise outcome when my wifi issue is solved.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Finally, after 4 days the answer I got:

" I have checked with our shipping agent. This package has been returned back to the shipping agent because of the security check."

Are they playing with me or it's a legit reason?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This time, they read my message and asked me to change my router to test and sent me a screenshot of their 2032 with wireless settings saving ok.
I was able resolve my issue by factory restoring twice, and then saving my wireless settings, then reboot.
BTW, got confirmation that dragon electronics parent company is xinray. This guy has much faster response time than xinray

Last edited by a moderator:

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most sellers found on Ali have had pretty poor delayed communication, which bugs me the most. Two or Three days to get a response.

Skype username: melissa.monitech

Has helped me to great lengths hunting down 3 NVRs and a few turrets I need, and shipped via DHL.

Also familiar with comparability.

All is well here from this seller.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my stuff from Xinray as well. What bugged me most was the time it took for the stuff to be shipped out, then add the time it takes for DHL to pickup the stuff. Whereas last time I got my stuff faster from E&M using regular China post.

After DHL has got it though, 2 days later it's in my hands.

Messaging any of the popular Aliexpress sellers always takes a long time to get a reply, and sometimes it isn't always helpful even if you ask them a specific question.

Then again, I don't blame them, I can imagine all the stupid questions they get from people who have no brain and can't read.

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I still have to vouch for http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1912076

If you read there she has a description as to why they changed the store up. I have now made two separate purchases from her. She has been quick to respond as in I have no idea when she sleeps (because I have gotten replies at all times of the day). Both times I have ordered (pretty basic orders a 2032 the first time and (2)x2032's the second time. She accepts my order and within 24-48 hours the package shipped with DHL tracking and arrived to me in 2 days from Hong Kong. Maybe I just got lucky but the reason I went with her was all of the positive feedback from their old store CCTV Camera Wholesale. Pretty excited to get all my cams setup at my new place!!
Neil

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally, after 4 days the answer I got:

" I have checked with our shipping agent. This package has been returned back to the shipping agent because of the security check."

Are they playing with me or it's a legit reason?

It's a legit Chinese reason... same as "change of tracking number". I do hate when Ali sellers do this crap, I don't mind waiting if I'm told the truth.

kel619

n3wb
Reaction score
So guys with regards to DS-2CD3145F-I, do you think they are any good?
Also any of you know if it is 3-axis?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So guys with regards to DS-2CD3145F-I, do you think they are any good?
Also any of you know if it is 3-axis?
My seller began offering these this week. The pictures look like two axis

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you believe this forum is censored in china? None of the sellers are able to see these posts. Pretty bazaar if you think about it, the sellers of this technology are not able to view or participate.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Can you believe this forum is censored in china? None of the sellers are able to see these posts. Pretty bazaar if you think about it, the sellers of this technology are not able to view or participate.
How do you know?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seems odd because they have been pinching our photos for their adverts and even watermarking them!

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
China is definitely not a free country. I assume that just the fact that none of them joined the forum might be an indication that there is some censoring.
And it is spelled bizarre. Bazaar is a market in Turkey. Sorry, don't mean to be rude I just couldn't help it.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems odd because they have been pinching our photos for their adverts and even watermarking them!
Maybe they grabbed it from amazon or ebay, if were talking about the 4mp image. Or they figured out a way to get around it, but the two sellers I'm currently dealing with, couldn't view it.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've seen images from networkcameracritic guy's page on Ali listings before, maybe other places.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is interesting that this forum is censored in China. Censorship in China is pretty common from what I've been told. Last time I had to send a link to a Chinese seller on ebay, it was from a company's site just showing products and they said they couldn't open it.