All Cameras display "No Signal"

Rich ard

n3wb
Reaction score
Four days before the "No Signal" issue my internet went down and it was confirmed by my ISP that my Modem/Router (Netgear C6300BD) had failed.

I installed a another modem which had also been supplied by my ISP some time back which does not support port forwarding and the Internet returned ok. Now with Blue Iris running I noticed all my cameras where displaying "No signal" . I looked at all the settings in the modem and Blue Iris to try and get my cameras to work to no avail. My first thoughts were that this unused modem had a problem because before this "No Signal" issue Blue Iris had been running very well.

I managed to pick up a mint condition Netgear C6300BD the exact same model that had failed four days ago and I was very disheartened after setting it all up to learn it has not fixed my "No signal problem.

Port forwarding is working as i see the same issue on the android phone app.

I have spent days on this and would really like some guidance in the hope of finding the cause.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a network diagram.

1) what is the IP of the Blue Iris PC. Is the address set to static ?
2) Are the cameras wifi or hard wired
3) What are the IP address of the cameras. Or what are they suppose to be ?
4) Have you powered down the BI PC and the Repooted ?
5) Have you Powered down the cameras and rebooted ?
6) Are the cameras using a POE or a wall wart ?

This is just the beginning... It will take some time

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what is the IP of the Blue Iris PC. Is the address set to static ?
What are the IP address of the cameras. Or what are they suppose to be ?
This sounds like it may be the issue. It sounds like the cameras and the PC running Blue Iris are no longer on the same subnet. Your Netgear C6300BD had a 4 port "Lan" switch on the back which you plugged your Blue Iris PC and your cameras into. Is this correct? Your "new" modem also has such a Lan switch. Is this correct?

Determine the IP addresses you have assigned to each camera and to your Blue Iris PC and then log into your new modem/switch and determine that the IP address range that the switch/modem is using is on the same subnet range that your PC and cameras use.

Rich ard

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Southern Yankee and also QTM for your thoughts and questions. Since first posting and exploring this forum I have read a lot of posts with similar camera problems and realize the complexity of it all.

Southern Yankee

1) 192.168.0.2 Not set to static
2) wifi
3) Unfortunately all of the camera's IPs no longer appear in the Netgear's wifi basic Gui so I don't know what the IPs are but the all begin with 192.168.0.xxx. This is probably why I can't see my cameras.
4) Yes
5) No
6) Not POE. Don't know what wall wart means. I am an Aussie

QTM Cameras are not plugged into Netgear's 4 port "Lan"

It appears possible that the Blue Iris IP is the same as the Desktop's IP 192.168.0.2 which for me looks wrong.

Thanks again for the help.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

1) 192.168.0.2 Not set to static
2) wifi
3) Unfortunately all of the camera's IPs no longer appear in the Netgear's wifi basic Gui so I don't know what the IPs are but the all begin with 192.168.0.xxx. This is probably why I can't see my cameras.

It appears possible that the Blue Iris IP is the same as the Desktop's IP 192.168.0.2 which for me looks wrong.

Thanks again for the help.
Hi Rich

The desktop and blue iris pc having the same IP will be a problem.

Definitely looks like once you replaced the router / modem there was an IP change...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) is the wifi username and password in the netgear (C6300BD) the exactly the same as on the Old modem ? If not make it the same, assuming you remember it.

2) if you do not remember it, what type of cameras do you have , manufacturer and model numbers ?

Rich ard

n3wb
Reaction score
QTM The Blue iris has always been running on my Desktop. Still is but now with no IP cameras.

SYankee I can't find username or password for wifi on the (C6300BD) just uses 10 digit number code which appears to be used to link mobil phones on wifi. What was interesting when I powered up the so called faulty Netgear C6300BD
to get the 10 digit wifi code I thought I would plug all cables in and the internet came back but my Blue iris cameras did not. Looks like what ever happened 5 days ago when the internet went down has now affected both Netgear modems. Also should add although I can't see my 6 wifi cameras in the wifi Netgear Gui I do see our two mobil Android phones.

Most of my cameras are Sricam AP006 and SP005

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cameras are not connecting to your new wifi network. They do not know the user name and pass word. How do you connect your phone or other WIFI device to your home network after the change ? exactly in detail.

Have you tried the SRICAM windows application to connect to the cameras ?
You may need to run a ethernet cable to the cameras to reconfigure them.

Rich ard

n3wb
Reaction score
SYankee You were spot on. Thank you. Setting up these Sricam cameras was a job I did about 3 years ago but this time was far more difficult and frustrating dealing with little instruction books which at times are hard to follow or don't make any sense.
My cameras are back.

Thanks to all that posted.