All my cameras/NVR problems

dany

Young grasshopper
Oct 1, 2017
Hi. For my home surveillance I have 4x WI-FI Dahua, 1x dome HDBW1320E-W and 3x bullet cams (2x hfw1320SP-w, 1x IPC-HFW1430DT-STW) with NVR 9804HGW.

After my NVR not working, I set up the cameras to only record on micro SD card.

I'm checking cameras every few months, i.e., when the need arises.

What is happened that one day I came to check for maybe some suspicious event at the front door, and saw that the dome camera not recorded any event. But it must be (20-50 per day), because it is cover main door of the house.
So, I restarted the camera and its started recording events from that moment. But not get data from before.

This is not only one case, it happened before and on other cameras! All cameras SD set to re-write.

Why this happening?

And what is "Auto Maintenan->Auto Reboot" in camera settings? For what is it?
Do I need restart(reboot) camera every week or day to prevent this happening?

It is very upsetting when you trust to something that you think will do its job and hope you see intruder, but it shows completely different!

Last edited:
I can't answer all your questions, but I've just checked my Dahua 'Auto Reboot' and then a date/time panel appears. Why not test this yourself, set it to, in 10 mins, at least check if the camera re-boots. If it does, then schedule it every so often. I don't know if this addresses your problem. I don't use WiFi cameras.

What I would change, you have to be actively involved with the system, at least once a week, check it. If security is important, then once a week is not too much to ask.

It is very upsetting when you trust to something that you think will do its job and hope you see intruder, but it shows completely different!

This is why most of us don't trust wifi cameras.

They have been shown to be problematic when it matters.

They can be jammed, a microwave can mess with it, too many devices on the wifi, etc.

Why not test this yourself, set it to, in 10 mins, at least check if the camera re-boots. If it does, then schedule it every so often.
I checked already, when that option is set, the camera is rebooting. I can't set it so often, because the camera will be blow up. But once per week or day (not sure) in the middle of night, will be better.

And I am afraid that if I set reboot like in 1:00AM, and at the same time trigger is active (camera recording), is that will damage SD card because camera shutt off while recording?

What I would change, you have to be actively involved with the system, at least once a week, check it. If security is important, then once a week is not too much to ask.
That is a good idea.
Only is a such s pain in the a... because I must move internet and TV cable from the router and put cable from NVR in it. Restart router. Then I must go on PC and change addresses. All that time TV is OFF.

This is why most of us don't trust wifi cameras.
They have been shown to be problematic when it matters.
But that is nothing to do with WIFI, because the problem here is recording ti SD card, and not with wifi signal.
(Later I will have a question about NVR).

I checked, when is set the camera is rebooting. I can't set it so often, because the camera will be blow away. But once per week or day (not sure) in the middle of night, will be better.
I don't understand what you mean by 'blow away'.
Only is a such s pain in the a... because I must move internet and TV cable from the router and put cable from NVR in it. Restart router. Then I must go on PC and change addresses. All that time TV is OFF.
Seems like you need a network switch, give yourself more ports. You can buy cheap or go as expensive as you like.

I have ........ NVR 9804HGW.
Please clarify the make and model. Google-ing "NVR 9804HGW" or "9804HGW" yields nothing.

Also...what is this all about:

"I must move internet and TV cable from the router and put cable from NVR in it. Restart router. Then I must go on PC and change addresses."​

Seems like you need a network switch, give yourself more ports. You can buy cheap or go as expensive as you like.
First time heard of that. I little searched about. Can that thing have different network cables plugged in and networks not conflict??
I don't understand what you mean by 'blow away'.
If I set to 10 min reboot, at first, the camera can die, because to often plug OFF/ON.
Second, on every 10 min will be 1-2 minutes without recording, which increase chances to not see intruder. I think reboot is best once at week or month.
Please clarify the make and model. Google-ing "NVR 9804HGW" or "9804HGW" yields nothing.
Also...what is this all about:
"I must move internet and TV cable from the router and put cable from NVR in it. Restart router. Then I must go on PC and change addresses."​
That NVR seems universal housing, my is Acesse, like in THIS SET.

I will explain only for you:
All that means that my NVR have different IP network (172..) from home network (192..) on which working my home router. Because that I set cameras on 172.. too.

I watching playback trough NVR on my PC, but NVR must be conected into home router. From experience I Iearned if I put in home router both networks cables, they colided-sometimes not work or sometimes I crashed full home network (stay without internet connection for day or more) and I need contact technical support to reset system.
This is why must remove cables. If not clear just ask..

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: looney2ns
Second, on every 10 min will be 1-2 minutes without recording, which increase chances to not see intruder. I think reboot is best once at week or month.
I never suggested scheduling a reboot every 10 mins.

Why not test this yourself, set it to, in 10 mins, at least check if the camera re-boots. If it does, then schedule it every so often.
I never suggested scheduling a reboot every 10 mins.
Sorry, I thought that you did. But, nevermind..

So no answer why that happening to me.

Maybe not good SD card or to many recording season in a row? Sometimes somebody setting at the front of the door and continuously activates recording, which maybe can be too much for the card.

Maybe not good SD card or to many recording season in a row?
Ok, change your SD card, at least confirm that it's not a faulty card. Or, delete all or most files from the card, see if that works.

Check your camera settings, is there a switch/button/option to overwrite existing footage on the SD cards?

Do you have a manual for your camera?

Ok, change your SD card, at least confirm that it's not a faulty card. Or, delete all or most files from the card, see if that works.

Check your camera settings, is there a switch/button/option to overwrite existing footage on the SD cards?

Do you have a manual for your camera?
Overwrite SD card is always turned ON.
Can't be faulty because after I reset camera start normal recording events.

Not think that is a problem with certain camera because other bullet camera from back of the house did the same thing, before..

I never go to manual. For that dome camera (HDBW1320E-W) I found online manual

But that manual can't be true because A_G_A_I_N, I don't have smart options and "people counting" like is described in manual! haha.

I really don't know why China writes on camera boxes and manuals things which really not exist on product!! But that is not for this Thread! (I talked here already: Why not see Human Detection (SMD) menu? )

Btw. today found that IR lights on my dome camera stop working! I must open it and try to find shorts, but not sure that I will!

Last edited:
I never go to manual. For that dome camera (HDBW1320E-W) I found online manual

But that manual can't be true because A_G_A_I_N, I don't have smart options and "people counting" like is described in manual! haha.

I really don't know why China writes on camera boxes and manuals things which really not exist on product!! But that is not for this Thread! (I talked here already: Why not see Human Detection (SMD) menu? )

this is universal manual for Web 3.0 interface.
it describes features available in many camera models..
there is disclaimer that some features can be not available on all models..
Dahua don't do manuals per camera/NVR model..

Reactions: dany