All of a sudden no audio

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
After struggling with iSpy for several months I found Blue Iris and couldn't have been more pleased, 10 months of perfection, but in the middle of July the audio stopped being recorded. I made no changes to BI, I did install Windows 10 Creator in mid July, that's the only change that I recall. Have checked Camera Properties/Audio and IP camera stream is still selected. Using the software which came with the camera reveals that audio is still being streamed. Have sent a support request 5 days ago and fulfilled all the conditions for support but no reply. Does anyone have any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After struggling with iSpy for several months I found Blue Iris and couldn't have been more pleased, 10 months of perfection, but in the middle of July the audio stopped being recorded. I made no changes to BI, I did install Windows 10 Creator in mid July, that's the only change that I recall. Have checked Camera Properties/Audio and IP camera stream is still selected. Using the software which came with the camera reveals that audio is still being streamed. Have sent a support request 5 days ago and fulfilled all the conditions for support but no reply. Does anyone have any suggestions?
try deleting the camera in blue iris and adding it again...can you hear the audio in live view? did you ensure audio is enabled in blue iris for that camera?

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
try deleting the camera in blue iris and adding it again...can you hear the audio in live view? did you ensure audio is enabled in blue iris for that camera?
tnx for the reply, rather than delete it I added same cam as a second camera with same parameters and still no recorded audio with second cam, canNOT hear it in live view, Have checked Camera Properties/Audio and IP camera stream is still selected. I must be doing something wrong but I made no changes to BI , a week ago just happened to review a recent clip and noticed no audio, backtracked thru archived and saw audio was stopped in mid July, this is used in my business and audio very important

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
tnx for the reply, rather than delete it I added same cam as a second camera with same parameters and still no recorded audio with second cam, canNOT hear it in live view, Have checked Camera Properties/Audio and IP camera stream is still selected. I must be doing something wrong but I made no changes to BI , a week ago just happened to review a recent clip and noticed no audio, backtracked thru archived and saw audio was stopped in mid July, this is used in my business and audio very important
double check the audio settings, make sure you have the right codec selected...make sure you have not disabled audio permission in the camera for the username you are using with blue iris...
what camera is it?

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
double check the audio settings, make sure you have the right codec selected...make sure you have not disabled audio permission in the camera for the username you are using with blue iris...
what camera is it?
camera is Wansview NCM625GA, am going to do a fresh install of BI on a different computer and see what shakes out

Arfsdad

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman, thank you for your time, concern, and help, so happy that I found this resource (and you). The problem has been resolved, but I’m not certain how, I will add these details should it help someone in the future. Came into the shop this morning and our network was down, couldn’t connect to other computers or the internet. I power cycled the Cisco DPC3941B (switch/router/cable modem) and the camera, then sound reappeared in live and recorded clips. I reiterate from earlier in this thread that I made no changes to BI or the camera itself to cause this, and the streamed audio was present using the camera’s supplied software but not in BI. I’ll be thinking about this one for a while. I’m going to have to keep the audio gain up so I will notice if this recurs (so I won’t go 1.5 months not aware of no audio). Bottom line…I still love BI and now I’ll add this forum to the love fest. (FYI I am employed as a state and federally licensed electronics technician who troubleshoots home and professional audio on a daily basis in my business). Once again THANKS!