Allie 360 Camera (Home) Issues...

IP001

n3wb
Reaction score
Before I get admonished here, last year I was shopping for an IP camera for work and a vendor I know showed me his Allie 360 Camera which had a lot of neat features and applications that I hadn't even considered. I got the funding, I bought five of them. I'll admit, I didn't do much research about the company before I made the purchase. I was convinced by the working camera in front of me and the rep on the phone that this seemed like a worthwhile investment. How wrong I was...

So far, I haven't been able to actually register an account with Allie Camera via one of their apps. I've tried Android devices, iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, and Windows 10 based laptops. Nothing. I get the "Something went wrong, try again later" message regularly.

Since I had access to a POC inside Allie Camera, I reached out and was told they were "migrating" their cloud (which seems to be the consensus on their Facebook and Amazon reviews) server and it would work within a few months. That was a year ago. Their customer service was no better, they asked me to buy their "new and improved mobile" version. Why the hell would I buy more cameras when the $1000+ worth of equipment I have on hand doesn't allow me to use them.

My question to anyone out there. Is there a way I can use these cameras with a third party software such as blue iris? So far I gather that Allie Cams streamed their footage to their cloud and then back to your phone, which is completely dumb. Apparently its a lot like a Nest Camera. Regardless, I got what I got and I just want to make it work. Has anyone figured out a solution? Google sucks, as Allie Camera's website must have a monopoly on crushing any hacks or by-passes as far as Google results.

I'm almost tempted to try to make it work with a raspberry pi if that's even possible.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Before I get admonished here, last year I was shopping for an IP camera for work and a vendor I know showed me his Allie 360 Camera which had a lot of neat features and applications that I hadn't even considered. I got the funding, I bought five of them. I'll admit, I didn't do much research about the company before I made the purchase. I was convinced by the working camera in front of me and the rep on the phone that this seemed like a worthwhile investment. How wrong I was...

So far, I haven't been able to actually register an account with Allie Camera via one of their apps. I've tried Android devices, iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, and Windows 10 based laptops. Nothing. I get the "Something went wrong, try again later" message regularly.

Since I had access to a POC inside Allie Camera, I reached out and was told they were "migrating" their cloud (which seems to be the consensus on their Facebook and Amazon reviews) server and it would work within a few months. That was a year ago. Their customer service was no better, they asked me to buy their "new and improved mobile" version. Why the hell would I buy more cameras when the $1000+ worth of equipment I have on hand doesn't allow me to use them.

My question to anyone out there. Is there a way I can use these cameras with a third party software such as blue iris? So far I gather that Allie Cams streamed their footage to their cloud and then back to your phone, which is completely dumb. Apparently its a lot like a Nest Camera. Regardless, I got what I got and I just want to make it work. Has anyone figured out a solution? Google sucks, as Allie Camera's website must have a monopoly on crushing any hacks or by-passes as far as Google results.

I'm almost tempted to try to make it work with a raspberry pi if that's even possible.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan
nope, you are screwed...if you purchased via credit card that provides extra warranty you might want to put in an extended warranty claim as they are now defective.....leave negative reviews for the camera and link this thread.

IP001

n3wb
Reaction score
Super. I can't believe there isn't a way to get inside it via USB and hack into the guts of this thing.

I left negative reviews on both Amazon and Facebook where the majority of people have expressed the same issue. What a tremendous disappointment.