Alternative to DMSS?

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
NEVER make a setting for a camera in the NVR. You need to do it in the camera. Try this and see if you get access to more stuff.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

View attachment 149836
Got it. Thanks. I'm working remotely still so I'm not sure I can get there that way. I'll be on site end of this week.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah remote via port forwarding wont allow you to access the cameras on the NVR's PoE switch. Have to use a VPN or wait until you can get into the NVR from within its network

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting the intrusion and tripwire alerts now which is great. But I'm still getting motion detection alerts too. Is it possible to turn motion off if I'm remote and don't have access to cam settings? I looked but I might be missing it....

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. DMSS is a little more usable now that the user (me) got it configured correctly. Still not my favorite app but definitely usable.

johnd

n3wb
Reaction score
Another option is using a Synology NAS. It has two licenses included. For more camera you need to buy extra licenses. 50 euro each. Nice option if you use Apple computers. Most annoying part is to reset cameras after using Dahua NVR.

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IVS takes a bit to learn. I like tripwire better but some like Intrusion better. I like to use both in many cases

In this case I just want Humans crossing or entering the property. No vehicle AI checked but doubled up using a Tripwire AND an Intrusion box.

Im a strong believer in overkill

View attachment 149832
IVS takes a bit to learn. I like tripwire better but some like Intrusion better. I like to use both in many cases

In this case I just want Humans crossing or entering the property. No vehicle AI checked but doubled up using a Tripwire AND an Intrusion box.

Im a strong believer in overkill

View attachment 149832
Looks like someone is in need of a pc upgrade lol.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually I bought myself a new windows 11 HP for Christmas but this old Win7 just keeps working. Battery died last month but found a replacement that I’m going to install this weekend.

Next thing ya know I’m probably gonna have to upgrade my 8 track player to CD;)

Sammy91

n3wb
Reaction score
BI works but lots of extra work and extra resources if you already have Dahua dvr

instead of DMSS try Imou life app it will actually send notification to phone if there is motion or SMD human/vehicle. it works fine with Dahua camera and can control from Alexa. DMSS notification works but won't see anything until app is opened.