Amazon accuses customer of racism & shuts down their smart home - ENOUGH CLOUD JUNK! : Louis Rossmann

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to sell on Amazon for chits and giggles. Amazon makes most of their profit from 3rd party sellers. They made it too difficult to work with them so I quit selling there. Anyhow, as you are aware a lot of sellers have their products warehoused at Amazon (something I never did). I watched a YouTube video of some dude who made 6 figures selling DVD/CD on Amazon. They were new and not pirated. What a lot of people don't know is that due to warehouse locations if you order from Seller A it's possible that Amazon will take from Seller B's inventory that he shipped to a warehouse because it's closer to the destination. This of course happens when the product is "identical". Anyhow, apparently someone had purchased a DVD/CD from Seller A but the product was shipped from Seller B's Amazon inventory which was closer to the buyer. It turned out that the DVD/CD was pirated but Seller A got blacklisted by Amazon when it wasn't even his inventory after the buyer complained. Not only did Amazon blacklist him they also sent him notice that he could pay to have all his inventory shipped back to him from the Amazon warehouse or he could pay Amazon a disposal fee to destroy the entire inventory for him. So, he lost his 6 figure income and had no income anymore and also owed Amazon which he could not afford. True story? I don't know but I did see a YT video of this dude claiming this happened to him.

The moral of the story is that if you play in someone else's playground be prepared for them to change the rules on you without any consideration. Seller A took years to build up his 6 figure business only to have it destroyed overnight which he claims is because of something he never did. I imagine there are big retailers who make and break smallish suppliers all the time like this whether it be Walmart, Target, Amazon, Macy's, etc. Don't put all your eggs in one basket as they say.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have friends who have their own online store and also sell through Amazon but ship themselves, such as seller A did.

They say it can be a nightmare but for now it's enough money for them to justify it.