Amazon drivers are using our driveway to 'break in' their new vans...

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I really hope Amazon goes out of business; they are so cheap they hire third party final delivery solutions that do the worse job in making successful deliveries

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I like how no one stops to help.

People did. I understand 3 people were injured in the flight, just not seriously. I presume they had fastened their seatbelts for take off. Lets just hope they listened to the cabin crew on brieifng on what to do in a crash.

Details of the prosecution here. Apparently the driver an 18yrs old denied dangerous driving!

Teen who sent van flying over roundabout banned from driving

Unsurprisingly, he's reported as unemployed now.

Reaction score
Another delivery from someone with no uniform, i just posted a video about this. Why are these companies not making it mandatory to where identifiable clothing. Amazon has more money at the moment than most companies and they are the biggest culprit of this activity. Vans and employees with no company logos or clothing. Also no reason to be driving so reckless in someones driveway. SMH

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
For about the last week and half, we have had deliveries from UPS with people driving their personal cars. They do have vests that say UPS Seasonal Worker or something to that effect. I am located in San Jose. The UPS trucks and vans still come by daily, I believe they hired the extra workers due to the very high volume of packages they are currently experiencing.

Reaction score
For about the last week and half, we have had deliveries from UPS with people driving their personal cars. They do have vests that say UPS Seasonal Worker or something to that effect. I am located in San Jose. The UPS trucks and vans still come by daily, I believe they hired the extra workers due to the very high volume of packages they are currently experiencing.
I know they use seasonal workers but i have not seen them in Texas in their personal vehicles when working for UPS. I have only seen amazon using personal vehicles. But at least your UPS drivers still had on something to identify themselves. For all i know this girl could be casing my house.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
A lot of delivery companies are now using drivers who are "self employed". It's all a tax scam in my opinion. Anyway, because of that, some companies don't even provide a van - the courier has to provide their own. Where a van is provided, I guess the reason they don't provide a uniform is because the employee doesn't work for them and the tax people would probably say different if they wore company clothing. The worst aspect of all this, is try and claim if the driver damages your property. Happened to me recently. The delivery company just turns around and says it's not our reponsibility as the driver isn't employed by us. That leaves you chasing the individual driving the van instead of the big delivery company.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A lot of delivery companies are now using drivers who are "self employed". It's all a tax scam in my opinion. Anyway, because of that, some companies don't even provide a van - the courier has to provide their own. Where a van is provided, I guess the reason they don't provide a uniform is because the employee doesn't work for them and the tax people would probably say different if they wore company clothing. The worst aspect of all this, is try and claim if the driver damages your property. Happened to me recently. The delivery company just turns around and says it's not our reponsibility as the driver isn't employed by us. That leaves you chasing the individual driving the van instead of the big delivery company.
Could not disagree MORE.
No. YOU didn't contract with Bob's Radiator and Live Bait (and sometimes delivery) Service. THEY did!.
YOU contracted with the carrier! The actual known entity (UPS, FedEx etc) the fact that they elected to let stinky-finger Bob do part of the job they contracted with you to perform in NO WAY releases them from their obligation to you. They the are responsible for the delivery to you...ALL THE WAY to you.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Could not disagree MORE.
No. YOU didn't contract with Bob's Radiator and Live Bait (and sometimes delivery) Service. THEY did!.
YOU contracted with the carrier! The actual known entity (UPS, FedEx etc) the fact that they elected to let stinky-finger Bob do part of the job they contracted with you to perform in NO WAY releases them from their obligation to you. They the are responsible for the delivery to you...ALL THE WAY to you.
In the UK it's different. They can work as a courier and use the van but be legally self employed. Bit like zero hour contracts. Not sure if you have those in the US either.

Reaction score
One of the deciding factors as to whether or not someone is an independent contractor is ownership of equipment. If the contracting company provides the equipment then the contractee is technically employed by the contracting company and is responsible for all of the costs that comes with an employee: employment taxes, health insurance, 401(k), etc.

Last edited:

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of the deciding factors as to whether or not someone is an independent contractor is ownership of equipment. If the contracting company provides the equipment then the contractee is technically employed by the contracting company and is responsible for all of the costs that comes with an employee: employment taxes, health insurance, 401(k), etc.
I believe that the point has been totally missed, here.
It makes ZERO difference to the addressee whether the baitmonger is technically an independent contractor, an employee of the shipper or just some homeless guy that the carrier gave the package to.
We don’t CARE how the guy gets paid, whether he gets a Form 1099 or if he’s a volunteer.
The addressee has a deal with the seller: have it delivered by (pick one) UPS to my door.
As far as the addressee is concerned, his seller is sending the goods. The seller hired UPS to deliver the goods to the buyer.
If the shipment doesn’t make it, FIRST, it’s ON THE SELLER to make good on his pledge to provide the goods. The seller isn’t “off the hook” when the shipper fails... he STILL OWES THE CUSTOMER.
If the seller will not step up, that’s where things fall apart.
The
Buyer (addressee) didn’t arrange the shipping, whether he paid the seller for the shipping is irrelevant.
The SELLER should be fixing this.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
The place he got himself into before backing up so fast, he probably could not have seen the pole, it probably looked clear in both rear views. But he should have been more aware of his overall surroundings. Would love to see what maneuvering he did to get himself into the straight shot to the tree. And that tree is well rooted, it barely moved.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The place he got himself into before backing up so fast, he probably could not have seen the pole, it probably looked clear in both rear views. But he should have been more aware of his overall surroundings. Would love to what he did to get himself into the straight shot to the tree/pole
I think he is like most people who are never aware of their surroundings. Although most vehicles have a rear view camera now. I have even added rear view cams to my vehicles.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was waiting for something to fall out of the tree on top of the van.. it's a good job he had is seatbelt on he nearly went through the windscreen,