Amazon/hikvision

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
[h=1]Just received and fitted another 3no. ''Hikvision DS-2CD2132F 4mm CCTV Dome Cameras with Full 360 Degree Rotation Capability and Built in Micro SD slot U.S Version'' sold by NETVIEW on Amazon for $119 with Prime. English retail box with English documentation and English 5.2 firmware. For this price is it really worth the hassle of buying the Chinese market cameras considering all the posts regarding bricked cameras, language issues or failed firmware upgrades ?[/h]

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've purchased a few cameras from ExMAx with mixed results on quality and reliability, I ended up going back to Nellys.

nearyj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
EXMAX products are Chinese domestic market imports and even state on the Amazon page not to try to update the firmware, the NETVIEW cameras I got are export models for the USA and Europe totally different experience these.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was looking on Amazon for the Netview cameras and found some 2332's that were from them and fulfilled by Amazon. I did not see anything on the page that indicated that they were export models for the USA. I may have missed something do you have any contact information or anything that can point me in the right direction? Thanks, Jim

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The main Product Description somewhat overstates the capabilities:
• Alarm Trigger, Face detection, line crossing detection, intrusion detection, scene change detection, Motion detection, Dynamic Analysis, Tampering alarm

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I went to order a camera from Amazon which said it was dispatched from the UK even though the seller was China-registered. I asked them and they said it's dispatched from China if they don't have UK stock... which they didn't. I'm amazed Amazon let them get away from this. At least when I order from Ali I know it's coming from China and it's cheaper, so that's ok.

If it's $8 more for US, I'd definitely pay that many times over. Sending stuff back to China from UK costs almost as much as the camera!

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Remember! you will not get any warranty from Hikvision USA if you buy from Amazon. I bought 2 from Netview (Amazon), claimed come with 2 years warranty but Hikvision wont honor it event both camera are US retail version. You might want to get it from B&H photo since they are Hikvision authorized retailer store.
Netview says their 2year warranty is through them not Hikvision like the other resellers that offer products to the DIY market.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received four of the DS-2CD2332I Exir Turret Hiks from Netview fulfilled by Amazon. They are the Red and White packaged English upgradeable versions sold here in the states. 109.99 each with free shipping and here in three days! Thanks Nearyj for the tip.

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I went through a hell of a fiasco just recently trying to order a 2t32 i8 from Amazon in a 16mm lens. First they said it was all no problem everything is fine, they can get it etc, no pproblem! Then after 5 days they said no, they can't get now , so forget all about what they said before, lol. I really wanted that i8, but no cigar. They fid refund the $ immediatly tho, so from that aspect it was good

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The good thing about Amazon is they refund straight away.
@Rudyjr... be careful with the colour box, recently Chinese models have been sent with colour boxes so it's not an indication of intentional model. Check the serial number before updating the firmware or you might brick it! $110 seems way too cheap to not be Chinese.
@awlectric... I've got an I8 16mm on the way but it's UK, so probably no good for you? Was just going to play with it and see what I could do with licence plate recognition.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can check vendor ratings on amazon. The problem is if you find a listing and it's not sold by amazon, it can be sold by vendor A today and vendor B tomorrow, because you typically see the lowest price at the top, and some of the reviews will say "This item is fake!" and their's may have been, because they bought it from Vendor A, but if you buy from Vendor B it may not be.

For hikvision many of us recommend going with milkisbad, the guy in this forum, because his cams are known to be legit US region, the shipping is prompt, and the small cost over the china epacket is worth it to most of us.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Rudyjr... be careful with the colour box, recently Chinese models have been sent with colour boxes so it's not an indication of intentional model. Check the serial number before updating the firmware or you might brick it! $110 seems way too cheap to not be Chinese.
@awlectric... I've got an I8 16mm on the way but it's UK, so probably no good for you? Was just going to play with it and see what I could do with licence plate recognition.

No CH in serial number and Netview states the specifics of their cameras in their listings along with the warranty.
You have to look at the specifics of each seller click on the 26 sellers to the right and look for Netviews listing on page 2 and description of the product. :http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GYHEG0S/ref=olp_page_2?ie=UTF8&startIndex=10

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I always buy from these guys: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_4_2?me=A278TE67X5QD13&fst=as:off&rh=p_4:Hikvision&ie=UTF8&qid=1434721522

They're based in New York and they're very respectable. If somehow you got any problem they will help you out, also they got some good technical support over there. They ship (from USA) the same day you make order so no problem for the cameras arriving in time.
Thanks for the link! Just installed a 2232-I that I purchased from this link. I am 3 hours away from the seller and it arrived 1 business day early. Came in Hikvision box with V5.2.0 build 140721. Cam initially did not power with separate power supply but did immediately power up over a POE injector. No problems at all with this cam. Will order more from this seller

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can check vendor ratings on amazon. The problem is if you find a listing and it's not sold by amazon, it can be sold by vendor A today and vendor B tomorrow, because you typically see the lowest price at the top, and some of the reviews will say "This item is fake!" and their's may have been, because they bought it from Vendor A, but if you buy from Vendor B it may not be.

For hikvision many of us recommend going with milkisbad, the guy in this forum, because his cams are known to be legit US region, the shipping is prompt, and the small cost over the china epacket is worth it to most of us.
Yep, bought my NVR from Milk great guy with excellent service. Couldn't justify the difference in the cameras though.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put the hard drive in the NVR from Milk and hooked up the cameras from Netview and everything works perfectly no language or software problems whatsoever. NVR is much quieter than my DVR cable box that is in the same room too! Software on the NVR is truly plug and play just as milk said.

tate16t

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Put the hard drive in the NVR from Milk and hooked up the cameras from Netview and everything works perfectly no language or software problems whatsoever. NVR is much quieter than my DVR cable box that is in the same room too! Software on the NVR is truly plug and play just as milk said.
Which NVR did you purchase?

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you tell me where you got it? I was looking and looking, but couldn't manage to find one in 16mm