Amazon Ring - Mini Series

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
If anyone didn’t see this coming you had your head in the sand. This mini series will show case things like deliveries, crime, proposals, to cutting the grass.

No word on who, how, the public can submit their Ring video content for rebroadcast.

Let’s see where this leads the general public.

I don’t have a real position on if this is bad vs good. As I believe it’s important for people to be more aware of their surroundings as it relates to crime.

If this TV Show ushers more people to install Something on their property this may help reduce crime or at the very least assist in knowing something happen and when.

It’s probably fair to state a lot of the recent video content has come from the consumer branded video security. Whether it be the likes of Arlow, Blink, Ring, Reolink, Wyze, etc.

All of these low quality systems have in their own way helped push technology that only five years ago was reserved for thousand dollar systems.

Think AI, Low Light, Edge Recording, Solar Powered, Dual WiFi, Cellular, Cloud Storage, Smaller form factor etc.

Amazon-Owned MGM to Produce Reality Show Featuring Ring Camera Footage Amazon-Owned MGM to Produce Reality Show Featuring Ring Camera Footage

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone didn’t see this coming you had your head in the sand. This mini series will show case things like deliveries, crime, proposals, to cutting the grass.

No word on who, how, the public can submit their Ring video content for rebroadcast.

Let’s see where this leads the general public.

I don’t have a real position on if this is bad vs good. As I believe it’s important for people to be more aware of their surroundings as it relates to crime.

If this TV Show ushers more people to install Something on their property this may help reduce crime or at the very least assist in knowing something happen and when.

It’s probably fair to state a lot of the recent video content has come from the consumer branded video security. Whether it be the likes of Arlow, Blink, Ring, Reolink, Wyze, etc.

All of these low quality systems have in their own way helped push technology that only five years ago was reserved for thousand dollar systems.

Think AI, Low Light, Edge Recording, Solar Powered, Dual WiFi, Cellular, Cloud Storage, Smaller form factor etc.

Amazon-Owned MGM to Produce Reality Show Featuring Ring Camera Footage Amazon-Owned MGM to Produce Reality Show Featuring Ring Camera Footage

I do have some good copyright related questions .. who owns the copyright? ... my guess Jeff Bezos .. lol, but then I am cynical

1661448400248.png

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m sure if a person shares their video with Amazon for this TV Series. The contract / TOS (Terms of Service) will clearly indicate said video will be shared, monetized, and edited.

Whether that person loses exclusive rights and fair use probably hinges upon said contract / TOS and the laws in place.

I’m more curious to see how Amazon scopes this TV show. If it’s a tear jerker where you see military families being reunited.

Porch pirates . . .

Random crimes . . .

To people just goofing around . . .

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do I think people will sign away their first born to get their video on a show like this for the "fame". Sick world IMHO.