Amazon Same Day Delivery

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Sons of ANZAC...
You guys did a heckuva job in WW2...I don't think many of us Yanks understand the sacrifice you went guys endured. WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Afghan, Iraq and so many other campaigns...you've always shouldered your share of the pain and never shirked treading the hard road. Thank you.

salute3.gif

HorizonXP

n3wb
Reaction score
Honestly, it probably isn't that much worse than what your package goes through in the warehouses and/or the shipping centres.

Cljs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's my Amazon delivery guy: delivering at 1252 a.m. Scared my wife and he was at risk for an unpleasant German Shepherd encounter.

[video=vimeo;190011784]https://vimeo.com/190011784[/video]

https://vimeo.com/190011784

Last edited by a moderator:

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tip on the same day shipments..never had an issue..no matter the pay do the job right

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Check and see if it has a dusk to dawn option @Cljs. Many do. I'm with fenderman. The picture is horrible until after those floods kick in. Either that or maybe add at least one big IR floodlight or a separate dusk til dawn light. Even replacing the motion detection pod with something a lot more sensitive would help. The lights didn't kick in until way too late for my taste. If it was my driveway I'd want them to have picked up that GMC much farther away. It also looks like your Blue Iris trigger break time is set pretty short. Often someone will stop moving around but still be doing something that I want captured, like fiddling with stuff in that GMC before they get out, so I'll have the break time set for at least a number of minutes if the system doesn't have enough storage for 24/7 recording.

What camera are you using? I'm guessing something like Longse going from the font spacing in "Driveway"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cljs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for advice.

That is a pretty old Empire varifocal bullet camera, rebranded I'm sure but not sure what the manufacturer is. I've had it for a few years, probably time for an upgrade.

For some reason I can't get into the settings on the firmware anymore, I can get to a view screen that looks like this:empire firmware.jpg

Maybe time for an upgrade.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for advice.

That is a pretty old Empire varifocal bullet camera, rebranded I'm sure but not sure what the manufacturer is. I've had it for a few years, probably time for an upgrade.

For some reason I can't get into the settings on the firmware anymore, I can get to a view screen that looks like this:View attachment 13316

Maybe time for an upgrade.
Click on f12 and on the right where it says edge, select and older version of IE for emulation.
BTW, what type of light is that? How many watts/lumen?

Cljs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Click on f12 and on the right where it says edge, select and older version of IE for emulation.
BTW, what type of light is that? How many watts/lumen?
Wow, took me forever to figure out how to get into the firmware. Was going crazy with IE Compatibility view. Turns out, despite using compatibility view in IE 11 on my main computer I could not access the firmware properly on this or any other camera, or my old Cisco POE switch. Finally accessed the camera from a different PC on my home network, not sure what the problem is viewing from my PC, the versions of IE are the same.

There are 2 motion controlled flood lights, each has a 500 Watt halogen bulb.

Attachments

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Deliveries in the Uk are usually done with very pleasant people who are happy to hand you the parcel and receive tea and biscuits for there trouble, we all wear bowler hats and talk like Dick the Dyke.... just sayin is all :)