Amazon truck ran over flower garden

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well it finally happened to me. Amazon usually only comes halfway down my driveway, walks up to the door, and backs back down the driveway. Today they pulled further up and did a 3 point turn into the grass, but the turned front tires came across the wife's corner flower garden, took out some of them and smashed the short metal fencing surrounding it when he backed out at the end of the video. Grrrrrr.

20201214_195319.jpg

Last edited:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I tried the online chat with them. They apologized and said they will fix the situation, whatever that means. They said they will get the department involved that deals with these matters. We will see.

I'm just glad the ground was frozen enough that he didn't get stuck when he backed up. That spot is low and always soggy.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Good luck with sending them videos. We just had one pull up on the front lawn right in front of the house. When he left, he spun wheels backing up and going down the driveway. I was on the phone with Amazon by the time he hit the end of the street. I exported the videos from three cameras in MP4. Two cameras are 2MP and one is 4MP, so the file sizes are in the 30MB range for the 2MP and even bigger, 130MB+ for the 4MP. When I emailed them, and I sent each one as a separate email, they were all rejected by the Amazon email server because they're "too big".

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A few years back, a FedEx truck was flying down my sloppy street and didn't quite make the curve in front of my house. He made it part way up my property (scrub bushes) and bumped a tree (enough to make it rock). I posted it on youtube (when I still used youtube) and sent them the link. They got back to me, apologized and said they'd get with the driver about it. Since no real damage was done (although if there were bicylists or joggers out there, which there often are, there sure could have been). Nothing has changed, UPS and FedEx drivers still drive like they aren't paid hourly. Yay?

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
While they are paid hourly, they have a predetermined amount of packages to deliver and sometimes by a specific time.
The sooner they finish their delivery, the quicker they can go home. Does not mater they spend 1 hour or 8 hour delivering.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The sooner they finish their delivery, the quicker they can go home. Does not mater they spend 1 hour or 8 hour delivering.
That is not correct. They are hourly employees. If they clock out after an hour they get paid for an hour.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't and won't ever do ScrewTube.
I understand the reasoning of not using YouTube but it being an well known media site by everyone all over the world that hard to ignore and no company would want to have their employee bad action posted on it so it does help get some type of prompt from the company to take some action.

I am sure without YouTube or social media sites, the company will laugh at you even if you have video and you threaten them to go to your local news with it.

YouTube kicks local news asses when it comes to sharing "bad employee" of the day and it almost always get company's attention to do something about it.

Local news will never reach to the eyes of company executives while a video on YouTube or Facebook that goes viral will easily get their attention.

I am Deaf since birth and thanks to YouTube or Facebook, we often exposed to employee that refuse to communicate to Deaf people like myself using paper or pen because they think we are faking it or they feel it a waste of time to deal with out and losing us as a customer is no big deal to them since we are minority etc so the Deaf community use social media to expose them.

Without social media site like YouTube or Facebook, the world will still be treating us Deaf people like shit as they always have.

So in some way, YouTube does have some benefits :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agreed, but like any quasi monopoly, they have abused it to the point that between selective censorship and abuse of user data, they can no longer be trusted. Like other "social media" they have become a left wing echo chamber sewer.