Ambarella VS TI davinci VS Hisilicon , What is better ?

kkm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , I can speak English a little , I use Google Translate

I mean Quality , Temp , Software Compatibility and NVR Compatibility
I am looking for a OEM camera to be used with hikvistion NVR

Thanks.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think the chipset will play a strong hand when it comes to compatibility, moreover matching brands and/or ONVIF (a compatibility standard) will. That's like asking if an AMD graphics card will work in an Intel system; PCI express (or whatever bus it uses, if older) is the standard that allows that. Pairing a Hikvision recorder with non-Hikvision equipment is purposefully taking the long route on a rather trivial setup. Will it work? Most likely, assuming the cameras support ONVIF (most all of them do). But why put yourself through the extra hassle? Personally I don't think it's worth it. A cheap generic camera is likely to have issues. Hikvision's are very well built and aren't THAT expensive. We won't touch the Chinese region camera issue here to save money because it doesn't sound like you would understand the potential consequences of doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have low budget
Thanks.
If your budget cant afford grey market Hikvision cameras then what exactly are you doing? making cameras out of cardboard boxes and duct tape?

does this translate for you: Penny wise and pound foolish!

kkm

n3wb
Reaction score
does this translate for you: Penny wise and pound foolish!
So I should be using the same brand camera recorder will not have problems later.
Thank you everyone.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I should be using the same brand camera recorder will not have problems later.
Thank you everyone.
... *MAY* not have problems later. Not will. No one can make guarantees. I work mostly with Hikvision products, and they have their moments on occasion. But they're the best I've worked with so far overall. Certain aspects about them I don't like over others but I learn to live with it.

No one is saying generics won't work, it's just there is no incentive to go that route when like-branded products are reasonably affordable and work well together. It will save you many headaches during setup.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
... *MAY* not have problems later. Not will. No one can make guarantees. I work mostly with Hikvision products, and they have their moments on occasion. But they're the best I've worked with so far overall. Certain aspects about them I don't like over others but I learn to live with it.

No one is saying generics won't work, it's just there is no incentive to go that route when like-branded products are reasonably affordable and work well together. It will save you many headaches during setup.

How is this cam in low light? I see that it doesn't support IR lights.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
LocTite helped a lot, elmer's glue just didn't make the cut. That purple really just made the burglar look like an alien

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a professional installer's camera- it only works with external illuminators.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi , I can speak English a little , I use Google Translate

I mean Quality , Temp , Software Compatibility and NVR Compatibility
I am looking for a OEM camera to be used with hikvistion NVR

Thanks.
That's a good question. Would be nice to hear some opinions about them.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score