Amcrest cameras not working on Blue Iris

dman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have be using Blue Iris for a couple of years now and I am stumped on these Amcrests Cameras. Foscam cameras work well, but amcrest isn't.
I'm trying to remotely connect to the amcrest cameras and I get an Error 8000274d refused: check ip address and port.
Now, I can connect to them using the web browser also can connect to them using Blue iris only on the local network but not remotely...
they do have static IPs with NAT port open.
Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
I am having this same problem.
Anyone have an suggestions?

this is the results from Blue Iris Camera config Inspect/find

Opening port 8099...
HTTP request...
OK
2016-06-20T21:26:52.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: Amcrest
Model: IPM-721S
FirmwareVersion: 2.420.Amcrest 00.11.R, build: 2016-01-06
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is MediaProfile000
first source is 000
requesting URI for profile MediaProfile000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
RelayOutputs: 1
RelayOutput: 000/Monostable/closed
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz_service
Preset: 1=Preset01
Done

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
All ports are open including TCP, UDP, HTTP and RTSP. I can also connect to the camera using a browser.

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to connect remotely. All ports are open because I can connect remotely using the Amcrest apps, but cannot get blue iris to connect
Ports can be "open" selectively. It's very common for example for incoming ports to be closed and outgoing ports to be open. It's also very common to open an incoming port for a reply to an outgoing packet. That last bit is how the Amcrest viewer works. Your camera contacts Amcrest and communicates with Amcrest. The app communicates with Amcrest. Amcrest then ends up working as a relay, bypassing the incoming port blocks because it's just "replying" to outgoing requests. TLDR: Just because the Amcrest app works does NOT mean BlueIris will.

It sounds like you need to go into your router and manually port forward incoming requests to your camera. Different routers have different steps/names, so you'll need to google the correct steps.

tp1663

n3wb
Reaction score
Select dahua rtsp.
Hi fenderman. you have always been a big help to me in past.
So, I am adding a third camera to my system, this one being an AMCRES model: IPM721s.

I noticed there were 2 AMCREST camera choices on BI when adding a new camera, neither of which is this mode. From reading this thread, to make sure I understand you correctly, are you saying to choose the "DAHUA Main Stream RTSP" (the only DAHUA option) when adding this camera to BI?

thanks !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman. you have always been a big help to me in past.
So, I am adding a third camera to my system, this one being an AMCRES model: IPM721s.

I noticed there were 2 AMCREST camera choices on BI when adding a new camera, neither of which is this mode. From reading this thread, to make sure I understand you correctly, are you saying to choose the "DAHUA Main Stream RTSP" (the only DAHUA option) when adding this camera to BI?

thanks !
Yes. Amcrest cameras are made by Dahua. The amcrest options should works as well. You can also try the find/inspect feature, you should be able to pull the onvif profile.