Amcrest IP2M-841 using Blueiris Software

Kao

n3wb
Reaction score
My Amcrest IP2M-841 camera use to be listed in the supported device using the Blueiris software. Now it's no longer there. I did the "Inspect now" function and it auto select RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4. The video comes up fine but I'm not able to zoom or even use the PTZ control anymore. I also noticed that the motion recording doesnt' seem to be working as well either.

I have emailed support several times and I have not heard back from anyone and it's been several days. They use to be (at least Ken was) very responsive and helpful when I bought my first license a few years back. I have since bought four more licenses for different locations. Now their support stinks! It's like you buy AS IS and you're on your own.

if anyone has any solutions or suggestions to my problems I would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try selecting Dahua (Amcrest is dahua underneath) brand and see if that works; there was a version of BI that had broken PTZ Controls for Dahua cams that has since been fixed, make sure your running latest release.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
there is an option the the dropdown for ip2/3/4m

Kao

n3wb
Reaction score
try selecting Dahua (Amcrest is dahua underneath) brand and see if that works; there was a version of BI that had broken PTZ Controls for Dahua cams that has since been fixed, make sure your running latest release.
That seems to work. Thanks Nayr!