Amcrest IP2M-844EW Lense replacement.

Mimir

n3wb
Reaction score
Fair disclosure I am an idiot when it comes to security camera, but I have been tasked with coming up with solutions. I am a highly technical person with vast knowledge of computers, networks, servers, OSes, and mobile devices and now I'm learning about CCTV cameras because I have no choice. I have replaced a gentlemen who made a lot of mistakes and now I have become the cleanup crew.

After being set straight by fenderman about Foscam's, and their need for being thrown into the landfill, the business owner purchased an Amcrest IP2M-844EW. It seems like a nice camera but it has a 3.6mm lense on it. It was suggested that a 2.8mm lense would give a greater field of view. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mimir

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks looney2ns for the fast reply! The area the camera will be covering is an open area where facial ID wont be needed. All I really need to figure out is which lens the camera will accept.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fair disclosure I am an idiot when it comes to security camera, but I have been tasked with coming up with solutions. I am a highly technical person with vast knowledge of computers, networks, servers, OSes, and mobile devices and now I'm learning about CCTV cameras because I have no choice. I have replaced a gentlemen who made a lot of mistakes and now I have become the cleanup crew.

After being set straight by fenderman about Foscam's, and their need for being thrown into the landfill, the business owner purchased an Amcrest IP2M-844EW. It seems like a nice camera but it has a 3.6mm lense on it. It was suggested that a 2.8mm lense would give a greater field of view. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
amcrests website indicates a 2.8mm lens...there may be serveral lens options...the best solution is to order a 2.8mm lens camera rather that waste time and money swapping lenses....or buy the starlight for a few more bux and get better performance and the lens you want

Mimir

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman I agree 100% about purchasing the right camera in the first place but since it's not my call I have to work with what I get. Is there a website where I can purchase the correct lenses for this camera other than the amcrest website? They don't have the 2.8mm lens listed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman I agree 100% about purchasing the right camera in the first place but since it's not my call I have to work with what I get. Is there a website where I can purchase the correct lenses for this camera other than the amcrest website? They don't have the 2.8mm lens listed.
there are several thread discussing lenses..