Amcrest IP4M-1026EW

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have just purchased a new Amcrest IP4M-1026EW from Amazon but on checking the firmware update I was not impressed to see it was discontinued. No mention of this on Amazon :-( I wanted to see if there was an update that solved the plugin display issue.

I also purchased a IP5M-T1179EW-36M is current model and has no display issues in Chrome or Edge.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have just purchased a new Amcrest IP4M-1026EW from Amazon but on checking the firmware update I was not impressed to see it was discontinued. No mention of this on Amazon :-( I wanted to see if there was an update that solved the plugin display issue.

I also purchased a IP5M-T1179EW-36M is current model and has no display issues in Chrome or Edge.
If you don't want to use the Amcrest Web View extension in Chrome (clumsy), I'd return it to amazon..... I know I would.
My four IP2M-841's have been upgraded since last year to use Chrome with no extension.

I also bought the IP5M-T1179EW-28M (the 2.8mm version of your 3.6) with a $10 off promo code recently from amazon , haven't mounted it yet; fired it up on the bench and streamed to Blue Iris....nice cam for $53 to my door.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - more info on the camera

note: personally I just do not like the shape of it...

1592166396601.png

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have chatted with Amcrest on their website.
Their rep did not explain the anomaly of discontinued products but confirmed that both of cameras had old firmware that had not been updated! However he did say "Our team is working on the new firmware for this camera and many other so that it can be viewed without the plugin"

He also suggested an alternative (https://amcrest.com/ultrahd-4k-8mp-bull ... -28mm.html) but that is not available from Amazon UK and in any case it is a lot more expensive.

I am considering my options, possible getting a second IP5M-T1179EW but as the IP4M-1026EW works well and has a 3.6mm wide angle lens, I will probably end up keeping it. I can always view the cams in the QVRPro client on my Windows 10 PC so the browser plug in issue may not be a deal breaker.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
However he did say "Our team is working on the new firmware for this camera and many other so that it can be viewed without the plugin"
Thanks for the feedback!
I am considering my options, possible getting a second IP5M-T1179EW but as the IP4M-1026EW works well and has a 3.6mm wide angle lens,
FWIW, the IP5M-T1179EW is also available with 3.6mm, ("-36mm" suffix).

Last edited:

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cannot make my mind up about this as there are +ve and -ve for both!
IP5M-T1179EW Turret - Plastic case, overheating issues? smaller/less obtrusive but with larger footprint, 5Mp, 84 degree
IP4M-1026EW Bullet - Solid metal (good heat dissipation) case with sun shield, more obtrusive but smaller footprint, 4Mp, 86 degree, Discontinued, Does not work with Chrome.

Last edited:

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I decided to keep the IP4M-1026EW. It works well and the Chrome issue is not a problem as I use QVR Pro Client to view my cameras. The wider angle lens swung it for me.

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Just to clarify a little bit, The IP4M-1026E will not be updated due to chipset limitations. For this reason, it is considered discontinued on the firmware side of things. The camera model is still useable by using Chrome Webview, ASP ( Amcrest Surveillance Pro), Internet Explorer.

Most of our 4K cameras already have this firmware along with all current indoor cameras. Any new models coming out will also have JS firmware already available.

I apologize for any misunderstanding and I will ensure all agents will communicate this more clearly in the future.

Thanks,

Amcrest Team

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for confirming the firmware issue and product status. The camera functions well with my NVR QVR Pro so I am happy to keep it. I’ve also added a review on Amazon.

WSCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for confirming the firmware issue and product status. The camera functions well with my NVR QVR Pro so I am happy to keep it. I’ve also added a review on Amazon.
I was just going through my older Amcrest cameras and trying to figure out the firmware and Chrome status... In some cases I was able to find and flash the compatible Dahua firmware with success.

But I have a couple of IP4M-1026E cameras I hit a dead end, because those don't have a Dahua firmware match, at least that I could find.

The internal "device type" of the IP4M-1026E is "IPC-HFW1430SN-Lexus" (or for the wireless IP4M-1026EW, it's "IPC-HFW1430SN-W-Lexus")

Even though there's no Dahua firmware, I did find out that the IP4M-1051 firmware (latest is 2019-12-19) also lists that device type in the check.img file, so I gave it a shot. I know from the couple of IP4M-1051 cameras I have that they added Chrome compatibility for live view, so I was hopeful.

And yes... I flashed that firmware onto the IP4M-1026E and it works great. The live view comes up in Chrome without any problems. It updates to this: "V2.620.00AC000.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18 " (it was previously "2.420.AC01.3.R, Build Date: 2018-02-06")

I'm going to do my wireless IP4M-1026EW which should work - that device type is also in the check.img. Very cool if that works. Even though I use BlueIris, I still use the web portal on the camera to adjust the day/night settings and make sure everything looks good. Doing that with the old plugin isn't terrible, but I'd prefer not to mess with that if possible.

WSCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to do my wireless IP4M-1026EW which should work ...
Yes, it worked on my IP4M-1026EW as well. It's actually wired, but I do still see the wifi options in the settings as expected.