Amcrest PROHD IP2M-841

Bigvic2000

n3wb
Reaction score
I have used many Foscam cameras with great success. I am having nothing but trouble with the Amcrest. This camera is hard wired like my other Foscam cameras, but intergration into Blue Iris leaves a lot to be desired. Drop down menu works with generic camera, but not with specified camera in drop down menu, with generic camera no ptz. That's to say setting up with dyndns is impossible, with the Foscam it's a breeze, it's impossible with Amcrest. Documentation is atrocious. I think I know why these have been seriously discounted. Anyone have any ideas.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used many Foscam cameras with great success. I am having nothing but trouble with the Amcrest. This camera is hard wired like my other Foscam cameras, but intergration into Blue Iris leaves a lot to be desired. Drop down menu works with generic camera, but not with specified camera in drop down menu, with generic camera no ptz. That's to say setting up with dyndns is impossible, with the Foscam it's a breeze, it's impossible with Amcrest. Documentation is atrocious. I think I know why these have been seriously discounted. Anyone have any ideas.
First, foscam is complete garbage...at least with amcrest you overpaid for rebranded dahua which is a great brand.
Select dahua from the drop down.
There is absolutely no reason you need to setup dyndns on the amcrest camera if you are using blue iris unless the blue iris pc and the camera are at different locations and even then simply use the dyndns client in your router.

Bigvic2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I have not had bad experiences with Foscam over the last five years. I do view remotely over Blue Iris. The documentation on Dahua/Amcrest is really bad.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's AmCrest's support/documentation; and they customize the WebUI poorly and it dont work quite as well with there modifications..

most of the options are named the same and in the same locations though; so Dahua's native documentation should be pretty sufficient: IPCamera - Dahua Wiki

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Are using the newest version of BI ? I know in older builds they didn't have amcrest in the list but if you upgrade and yes I'm sure you will have to pay something like 30.00. Then it should be in the list,however like many others stated you could just use the dahua menu

Also amcrest and foscam are the same company. Most of this stuff is the same just rebranded

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I have not had bad experiences with Foscam over the last five years. I do view remotely over Blue Iris. The documentation on Dahua/Amcrest is really bad.
if you view remotely via blue iris there is no reason to setup dyndns in your camera...the camera should NOT be port forwarded and you should be using your routers dyndns client or simply run it on the blue iris pc...and again stay FAR away from foscam its garbage...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also amcrest and foscam are the same company. Most of this stuff is the same just rebranded
amcrest is rebranded dahua..not foscam...foscam digital technologies a US distributor stopped selling foscam and started selling rebranded dahua under the amcrest name.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
amcrest is rebranded dahua..not foscam...foscam digital technologies a US distributor stopped selling foscam and started selling rebranded dahua under the amcrest name.

Ok, years ago foscam and amcrest where the same company ??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, years ago foscam and amcrest where the same company ??
Amcrest is a new company formed by the old foscam US distributors....foscam is a chinese company....the us disributor simply renamed itself and started rebranding dahua...they did this because foscam started selling direct to consumer...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You'll basically still be getting Foscam US level service & support; and the modifications they made to the WebUI seem for the worse.. its not worth the premium over a normal dahua thats for sure.