Amcrest ProHDs Often Minutes Behind

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 9 camera setup made up of a few Amcrest ProHDs, Foscams, and Hikvision cams that when not recording put my PC at about 25% CPU utilization (D2D). However, I have noticed that at least once a week the Amcrest ProHDs (and only these) both are several minutes behind in Live view and are coming in at about half the frame rate they are supposed to. All my cams are hard wired and I never have the issue with my 4mp Hikvisions, so I don't think it is a bandwidth issue. When I restart BI the issue resolved itself.

Anyone else have this issue with the ProHDs or any other camera? Any idea how to stop it? I have the max 20mb buffer set on all my cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 9 camera setup made up of a few Amcrest ProHDs, Foscams, and Hikvision cams that when not recording put my PC at about 25% CPU utilization (D2D). However, I have noticed that at least once a week the Amcrest ProHDs (and only these) both are several minutes behind in Live view and are coming in at about half the frame rate they are supposed to. All my cams are hard wired and I never have the issue with my 4mp Hikvisions, so I don't think it is a bandwidth issue. When I restart BI the issue resolved itself.

Anyone else have this issue with the ProHDs or any other camera? Any idea how to stop it? I have the max 20mb buffer set on all my cams.
I would email support...you can try disabling rtsp timecode in the video>configuration page

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just installed an Amcrest ProHD over the weekend and the max FPS I could get was ~2.5 - granted I've got an older AMD (6600K arriving tomorrow :cool:) but even after disconnecting the other whole two cameras I have it didn't change.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion these Amcrests are junk. I've never had so much trouble setting anything up before.