Amcrest PTZ camera

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've ordered the camera. I'll let everyone know how it fairs after I've used it for awhile.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got the wireless prohd1080p before finding this site... it's a functional simple ptz... it is now used for my nursery... it's okay... have no complaints really, except 2 of the IR led's dont work. I tested it in my garage initially, could easily ID someone in day or night.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I like these cameras I have two of them had the for years. I say buy it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I like these cameras I have two of them had the for years. I say buy it
Theses were just released..amcrest generally rebrands dahua..these cameras look like they are a special run for them..the do use dahua firmware.
The folks running amcrest are the same folks who ran foscam.us...should tell you alot about them..
that camera is crazy overpriced..

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems to be ok so far.... We'll see how it goes. All the menus are the same as my Dahua cameras so that's what it must be. Was it overpriced Fenderman? It was $200 Canadian.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to be ok so far.... We'll see how it goes. All the menus are the same as my Dahua cameras so that's what it must be. Was it overpriced Fenderman? It was $200 Canadian.
very!

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you get something similar for cheaper? I'd be interested to know where.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Nayr;

That one costs more, is a bit lower rez but has optical zoom. I like the asthetics of it as far as looks go.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dont play the Megapixel game, higher resolution does not mean more detail.. it generally just means weaker low light capability.. With optical Zoom you'll get far more detail, and if you look about you can find em cheaper than that listing.. Ive seen em as low as $140USD Shipped.

for more info on that camera read its thread here: Dahua Mini Black Face PTZ (SD29204S-GN)

Ive got it on the roof in the kids bedroom, works great as a nanycam.. though I'd suggest getting the PoE version and getting a cable to it, should be alot easier w/a roof mount and you need to get power to it somehow.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, thanks Nayr. Yeah, I hear you regarding quality of pixel vs quantity. I'd like to pickup some of those starlight cameras next. As far as this Amcrest camera goes, I was looking to grab something quickly before the weekend. It had next day shipping. Hopefully it doesn't suck too much!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy just delivered a PTZ ordered on Sunday today; if he's got em in stock he can get em in your hands quicker than you could imagine is possible from China.