AMP Security Sales

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am curious has anyone tried to not open the door to sales people? Since I got the cams, I no longer bother with door opening and struggling to say"no thank you" or "not interested" while hearing their non stop 5 minute sales pitch.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
usually most dont come to my door, if they do I rarely answer, but these guys I especially wanted to tell to fuckoff

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I hate door to door proselytizers and salesmen. I had one sketchy door to door roofing guy visit my grandmother while I was there. I told him no but my grandmother would've invited him in even if I wasn't there and given him some work if she were there alone. She was deaf and had Alzheimer's so she never would've heard him moving around in the house after her back was turned and wouldn't have remembered much if anything afterwards. I knew him from before and that he was shady AF and I bet he was surprised to see me there. He was later arrested for stealing from people's homes while doing door to door "sales". Basically he was casing homes for later, stealing what he could when their backs were turned, and earning a few dollars legally cleaning gutters. Druggie sleazebag.

I also have a particular distrust of people seeing something in your yard and asking if it's for sale. Yes, I've had stuff stolen by people who did just that. Lost a 4 wheeler that way once. Got it back after getting eyewitness reports of them driving it around, but not until after they dumped it in a pond and had the cops recover it months later.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm impressed by the quality of this camera. Damn. Super sharp!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
perhaps because I have not had my hair cut once this millennium..

funny I got an email today from an consumer protection investigator whom told me this guys's name and asked me to discuss the situation, left him a message.. will let you know what comes up, but as a result I already found him on facebook, and have his home address.. mwhaha yay internet.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so this is what I learned, he broke the Utah law twice in my video.. and AMP Security (utah location) as a company was fined for violating these same issues in 2014 for a tune of ~$140k.. the investigator found concrete evidence that they were still violating these rules 2 years later thanks to this video.

he confirmed the guy in the video being a dick was instantly fired, AMP Security sent out urgent memo's to everyone reminding them they are not to say they are from any company other than AMP.. dunno whats goint to happen to AMP but they went into fire fighting mode the moment this video hit the internet and likely CYA'd there ass enough to walk away with less trouble than this former sales guy will, as he is getting his own very substantial fine (hint: fine > money I spent on video security)..

I think I may start posting up every door to door sales person who comes by, mebe I can get my neighborhood on some black list these folk learn to avoid at all costs lol

So he was a criminal after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xicaque

n3wb
Reaction score
@nayr

What's Colorado law on audio recording? Thanks for sharing this. I think I am going to get a few of these cams.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@nayr

What's Colorado law on audio recording? Thanks for sharing this. I think I am going to get a few of these cams.
and even that is open to interpretation, as I said IANAL.. but the public is not welcome on my own premises. I read that as two parts.

Code:
nor shall said sections prevent any person from using wiretapping or eavesdropping devices:
[1] on his own premises for security
[or]
[2] business purposes if reasonable notice of the use of such devices is given to the public.

I am not a business, the public is not welcome on my property so I dont have to notify anyone.. I fall under the first part of that for security on own premises.

business purposes are for example: training or quality control of customer service.. ie when you are notified 'your call may be monitored for training and quality', it tells you the purpose even.

I believe there is a required comma missing for that latter statement to apply to the former, but either way its only a misdemeanor, so I'll hire a lawyer after I have a problem.. if it was a felony, id hire one now.

Xicaque

n3wb
Reaction score
@tangent Thanks for posting that section from nayr's post. I am not sure how I missed that...must have brain overloaded with all the reading/researching around here.