An alarm that wakes me up at midnight if there's an intruder and perform some action

Reaction score
Hi.
I am now designing my new home security surveillance system for my new house.

Unfortunatelly for surveillance, alarms and home automation everyonye follows their own route and it is difficult to integrate the three systems

In my old house I had dozens of false positives a day and generate lots of emails that I delete without seen.

Now I'd like to have a more robust system,as I want to be woken up in case of intrusion, and my idea was to integrate surveillance system and PIR detectors in one system so it could perform some actions in case of intrusion, howerver everyday I am more skepticall. First because maybe is possible but it is either expensive (use thermal cameras f.e.) or I don't know any system that takes PIR and Camera information as a whole to make a decision.

Let me know if there's a way to construct a good way to integrate both systems so that, if detects a human at night could:
- Wake me up
- Fire some perimeter lights or any other action.

Thanks and best regards

Last edited:
Reaction score
JAJA As I was saying... I need an alarm systen, an surveillance system and a home automation system... and a google home system...
By the way I have an indoor alarm system (a commercial system conected to an alarm center) and now I need a private alarm system for perimeter. So that is four systems.
:idk:
You need an alarm system.
Best regards

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
JAJA As I was saying... I need an alarm systen, an surveillance system and a home automation system... and a google home system...
By the way I have an indoor alarm system (a commercial system conected to an alarm center) and now I need a private alarm system for perimeter. So that is four systems.
:idk:

Best regards
Read your post. You said nothing about already having an alarm system. What you are asking for can easily be done with any home automation system and zwave. Start googling.

Reaction score
Read your post. You said nothing about already having an alarm system. What you are asking for can easily be done with any home automation system and zwave. Start googling.
Hello Fenderman

Don't get me wrong, I was just lauging because, what you state was inherently the conclusion of my question. So I fully agree with you.
I can not modify a commercial rented device (my current alarm) that's why I need to set up my system for outdoors.
You're right, most probably it can be achieved with an automation home system, although I was trying to avoid buying one and use my google home + devices without any hub (like eedomus). So far I use appliances that work with the mobile application "Smart Live" and Google Home, but now I will have to face either an alarm or an home automation system.

My only question (as I had never bought an personal alarm system and I don't know how they work) that maybe some NVR could act as alarm main units, but maybe that is not the case. Basically what you say is that some automation home systems can act as alarm units unlike NVR.

Best regards

Last edited:

Tom Lorek

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m using HomeSeer to integrate Blue Iris, DSC alarm system, Philips Hue, Z-Wave switches, Open Sprinkler, and MyQ garage door openers. There’s a learning curve, but you can do a lot such as, if motion detected on Blue Iris between certain hours, turn on certain lights inside, chirp a siren, etc.

Reaction score
I’m using HomeSeer to integrate Blue Iris, DSC alarm system, Philips Hue, Z-Wave switches, Open Sprinkler, and MyQ garage door openers. There’s a learning curve, but you can do a lot such as, if motion detected on Blue Iris between certain hours, turn on certain lights inside, chirp a siren, etc.
Dear Tom
Very interesting your remark... getting info from BI to the home automater, interesting. What information do you provide to HomeSeer from the camera?
As I am based in Europe we use primarily eedomus instead HomeSeer, but suspect it is basically the same.
Best regards

Tom Lorek

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear Tom
Very interesting your remark... getting info from BI to the home automater, interesting. What information do you provide to HomeSeer from the camera?
As I am based in Europe we use primarily eedomus instead HomeSeer, but suspect it is basically the same.
Best regards
Jose,

I’m only a few weeks into HomeSeer (they’ve got a 1/2 off sale going on now) but my integration with BI at the moment is limited to using motion as an alert input to HomeSeer to trigger an action. You can download a trial for free and play with it for a month.