An issue that shouldn’t be :)

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have a 5 port poe switch, 4 which are powered. All of my cameras work great, however we just installed the newest which is a 4mp T5442T-ZEB. I was able to initialize it with no problem, view it with no issues even mounted where it is now. The red leds work on it but I can’t get it to communicate again. The power light is on at the port but the other light flickers. Any help is always appreciated.

Attachments

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I made a temporary new cable. It tested well and still nothing. I think this camera has a door on the side of the camera with a reset button. Would it be safe to reset it ?

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
"PoE+ devices can supply a maximum of 30 watts per port, while PoE devices can supply a maximum of 15.4"

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont know what type of cameras the other 3 are but if they are all T5442T-ZE, 56 watt should be enough. Like Old Timer said, unplug one of the others and see if it comes up. You could also try one of the ports your shure of that its working

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys, it isn’t a POE+ and I’ve tried everything that I know to try. Like I said, it works great in the shorter cable but nothing on a 20 ft plus cable. I’m leaning toward a stronger Poe switch is needed.

Kameraad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it works on another cable the switch is fine, you don't need a switch with more power for longer cable runs. crimp new connectors on your long cable and you should be fine

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I made up a new 20 ft plus cable and used 2 existing long cables from the other mounted cameras with the same issue. All cables tested good. Like I said, the camera works great on a test cable but won’t on the longer runs. Crazy I know but I leaning toward a Poe + switch.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The difference between a PoE switch and a PoE+ switch is the total power they can supply with the "+" being capable of supplying more power, watts, per port. They both supply the same voltage, 48VDC for PoE.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Cable. Should be 23 gauge solid copper, not CCA (copper clad aluminum)
Connector. Check pin outs and re-crimp if in doubt. Use 568B color coding on both ends. Wh-Or, Or-Wh, Wh-Grn, Bl-Wh, Wh-Blu, Gr-Wh, Wh-Br, Br-Wh.
Last. The camera may have a problem. Another test would be to take down one that is working and put the one you're having a problem with in its' place. Vice versa, put one that is working where the one that isn't working is.

Rodney Tindel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Correct the cable is solid copper 23 gauge through monoprice. I done the wiring according to that guide and tested every cable which all test good. I have 4 cameras up and working 2mp, sorry I don’t have the model in front of me. That 4mp works great on a short test cable but doesn’t work on any of the cables that run the 4 existing cable or a new one that I made recently. I am baffled at this point.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Like I said, try swapping it with one that's working. See if it works at a known good location.