Analog video card problem

kimriceman

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running Blue Iris on a Windows 7 64 bit OS with 6Foscam cameras. I also have an old wired 8 camera system. I now want to movethe wired cameras over to the Blue Iris system and un-complicate my life. Ihave tried an old 878A analog PCI card that was supposed to work with BI butcould not find any 64 bit drivers. I bought an H 264 card from Chinaand after forcing driver install BI system did not see the card. Is there anyanalog video card that works with BI 64 bit OS? Any thoughts, recommendationsor suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

kimriceman

n3wb
Reaction score
My old DVR system is a PC based Geovision system that I would like to eliminate.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My old DVR system is a PC based Geovision system that I would like to eliminate.
Are you running BI4 64bit? if not 32 bit drivers will work as well..but only certain cards
It might be less of a hassle to replace the cameras with 1.3mp dahuas for 67 dollars each...
From the help file
BT8x8 Compatibility
Blue Iris is compatible with virtually all of the inexpensive BT8x8-based 4-input capture cards available today, and is able to use multiple input ports on those cards simultaneously. In order to offer these cards so cheaply, manufacturers include a SINGLE BT8x8 video capture chip. It is then up to the software to choose which input signal to use. In order to use them all simultaneously, the software must "multiplex" the 4 signals into the BT8x8, and then de-multiplex the captured video so that you may see each input independently.
On 32-bit Windows, the Conexant Universal BT8x8 driver has been found to work reliably with these cards. Please install the Conexant Universal BT8x8 driver by following these instructions:
Download and install the driver from btwincap.sourceforge.net. This installer allows you to first un-install any remnants of any other BT8x8 drivers. If your card is not listed as one that is supported, choose Custom, and be sure to select "no TV tuner" and "no S-video" unless your card actually has those features.
In Blue Iris, you will see a new DirectShow driver for your card, and the input pin drop down will allow you to select one of your card's inputs. You may create a new camera for each of these inputs by using the same DirectShow driver.
You will find that a framerate of about 10 is most appropriate for these cards (which is then divided among the cameras you add). You may attempt to push this to 15, but at that rate, you may notice anomalies such as repeated frames, flickering, and images from other cameras, due to the fact that the card requires some time to switch inputs before a valid image is available.
Internally, the first camera that is created (usually first alphabetically when starting Blue Iris) becomes the "parent" and other cameras using the same driver become "dependents" to that first camera. This means that you should make x,y size and framerate changes on the parent in order for the changes to take affect, and when you make changes to the parent, the dependents are automatically reset.
Ideally you should choose a capture card that has 1 BT8x8 chip for each input--this provides a full 30fps possibility for each camera and is less prone to tearing or image bleeding between the inputs. An excellent choice is the PV149 card available from bluecherry.net.
On 64-bit Windows, it has been found that the 64-bit driver for the Winnov Videum series of cards works well for many other BT8x8 cards, including the PV149. After installing the driver, to prevent the use of the crossbar filter, you should run RegEdit and create a new key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WnvAvs\VidCap and then add a DWORD value called "crossbar" with value 0 and reboot.
Another choice for analog capture card is the TW-220 and similar also available from bluecherry.net. This card uses a Techwell chipset, for which WDM drivers are now available in both 32 and 64-bit variety.

kimriceman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information, I am running BI 64 as wellas Win 7 64-bit. The BT8X8 based video cards have no 64-bit drivers, that Icould find. The PV-149 from Bluecherry will not work with Win 7 64-bit as pertheir tech support. But they said the TW-201 8 port video capture card wouldwork on a Win 7 64-bit OS as well as BI. I have one on order and will post theresults, when in comes in.

kaamady

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information, I am running BI 64 as wellas Win 7 64-bit. The BT8X8 based video cards have no 64-bit drivers, that Icould find. The PV-149 from Bluecherry will not work with Win 7 64-bit as pertheir tech support. But they said the TW-201 8 port video capture card wouldwork on a Win 7 64-bit OS as well as BI. I have one on order and will post theresults, when in comes in.

Did the TW-201 8 port work? I was looking through and I found something that said it wasn't compatible with BI. I'm looking for a card that will support 16 cameras at once that works with windows 7 64bit and blue iris. I have had so much trouble in finding a card that will work. I was going to order a BC-H16480A from bluecherry, but the website says they won't be shipped out until may. I need a card that will work with everything listed above by Wednesday March, 4th. Please help!