Android 9 connectivity

Reaction score
Hi - been using BI from my android phone for years. Lately I can't connect to my server via the app either on the Lan or Wan. I can connect to the web interface from the same phone. I restarted the server (though the server side seemed to be working fine) I restarted the phone, reinstalled the app. I get no error message. It just hangs when it's trying to connect and eventually goes back to the new connection screen.

Only thing that's changed that I can think of is that I recently got updated to Android 9.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi - been using BI from my android phone for years. Lately I can't connect to my server via the app either on the Lan or Wan. I can connect to the web interface from the same phone. I restarted the server (though the server side seemed to be working fine) I restarted the phone, reinstalled the app. I get no error message. It just hangs when it's trying to connect and eventually goes back to the new connection screen.

Only thing that's changed that I can think of is that I recently got updated to Android 9.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Its not android 9. It could be something your phone manufacture added.

Reaction score
Agreed. It's a galaxy s8. Samsung changed the UI.. But I can't find anyone else complaining of the same thing.