Android App not working EXTERNAL

Lago86

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All...I've scoured the boards for an answer but to no avail. I have a few cams setup and I'm running BI ver4 demo. I have everything working nicely except being able to view my cameras externally. kinda important :)

I have setup a unique port number, have it forwarded on my router, using the port scan website shows it is accessible. I'm using the Insteon app on the same phone and can see all my cams. If I'm at home on wi-fi it shows up on the BI app perfectly. BI is sending email and SMS alerts as it should. Under the WEB SERVER tab in BI, ADVANCED, AUTHENTICATION is All connections, secure only is checked(I tried unchecking with no luck).

I know I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

--Lago

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Lago86, welcome to the forum!
what port number are you using?
make sure you are entering the ip address and port correctly in the mobile app like this ipaddress:XXXX where XXXX is the port
make sure https is NOT selected in the app
make sure the user has access outside of lan, blue iris options>users>lan only should be unchecked

Lago86

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply and welcome!

Well...I started typing the answers to your questions. I knew that I appended the IP addy with the port number but I checked anyway. Instead of a SEMI-COLON separating them, I had a PERIOD :eek:h:

Quite embarrassing I must say as I've stared at this for hours!

Again...thanks for your help! Now I can order the full version.

@Lago86, welcome to the forum!
what port number are you using?
make sure you are entering the ip address and port correctly in the mobile app like this ipaddress:port
make sure https is NOT selected in the app
make sure the user has access outside of lan, blue iris options>users>lan only should be unchecked

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply and welcome!

Well...I started typing the answers to your questions. I knew that I appended the IP addy with the port number but I checked anyway. Instead of a SEMI-COLON separating them, I had a PERIOD :eek:h:

Quite embarrassing I must say as I've stared at this for hours!

Again...thanks for your help! Now I can order the full version.
Great...glad its working. It happens to the best of us...

Lago86

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't want to start a thread for this but...I unchecked ENABLE in GENERAL and the camera disappeared. I want to enable it but....I CANT FIND IT! Where can I re-enable it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want to start a thread for this but...I unchecked ENABLE in GENERAL and the camera disappeared. I want to enable it but....I CANT FIND IT! Where can I re-enable it?
right click on any portion of the live view and uncheck "hide disabled cameras"