Android App

Reaction score
Any recommendations on an android app to use? Push notifications etc

I have gdmss plus, but dont really like the look. Hoping there's others.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on an android app to use? Push notifications etc

I have gdmss plus, but dont really like the look. Hoping there's others.
you are stuck using dahua apps if you want push notifications and to be able to review video unless you go with a software vms.

Reaction score
How do I set up push notification on the app? (Android) literally see no option for it and there's been camera activity.

Do I need to set something up on the NVR first for it to work?

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Imou, also from dahua, has a much better look&feel than gdmss. I recommend you give it a try. It is also a free app.

Reaction score
Thank you. Gleneroo, this app immediately works better. Not tested push notification yet but such a simpler app to use.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do
Do you have to always be connected to the vpn to get push notifications from Blue iris app or can you get push notifications without vpn and connect to vpn to get the actual images and video?

In gdmss I get push notifications without having to vpn in, but to actually action the push notification I have to vpn in which I like.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Do

Do you have to always be connected to the vpn to get push notifications from Blue iris app or can you get push notifications without vpn and connect to vpn to get the actual images and video?

In gdmss I get push notifications without having to vpn in, but to actually action the push notification I have to vpn in which I like.
Without being on vpn