Android apps no longer work?

mmontminy

n3wb
Reaction score
Even though I own the full BI Android client, I occasionally want to use one of the various non BI apps. I used to use IP Cam Viewer prior to buying BI, and have a need to use one of these apps again.

I recently re-installed IP Cam Viewer, and tinyCam Monitor, as well as a few others. While these 2 both support Blue Iris, neither work anymore. I've tried reaching out to the authors, but neither have responded.

tinyCam monitor actually has a "ping" feature that shows you some info, and it says it's receiving frames, the data rate is about what I'd expect, but it reports 100% dropped frames.

I'm curious if anyone can confirm that these apps still work, or not. I don't know if I've got something setup wrong, or they're broken with the latest releases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Even though I own the full BI Android client, I occasionally want to use one of the various non BI apps. I used to use IP Cam Viewer prior to buying BI, and have a need to use one of these apps again.

I recently re-installed IP Cam Viewer, and tinyCam Monitor, as well as a few others. While these 2 both support Blue Iris, neither work anymore. I've tried reaching out to the authors, but neither have responded.

tinyCam monitor actually has a "ping" feature that shows you some info, and it says it's receiving frames, the data rate is about what I'd expect, but it reports 100% dropped frames.

I'm curious if anyone can confirm that these apps still work, or not. I don't know if I've got something setup wrong, or they're broken with the latest releases.
I can confirm that ip camviewer works with bi, try selecting blue iris v3 as the camera model..
I could never get tiny cam to work with bi...i get the same error as you ...also it seems to force you to use cam1 format for short names which is not feasible as you want to be able to name your cameras for identification. The tinycam developer is a member of the forum so hopefully he can provide some insight. @alexvas

mmontminy

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent, I was able to get it to work, IP Cam Viewer at least. It doesn't seem to like working through a reverse proxy though, so I had to punch a port forward through my firewall. Interestingly, that dramatically sped up the native BI client as well.

I know I was testing with bypassing the proxy, but I must have missed the v3 setting in that scenario.