Android Blue Iris App on Google Store

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cannot find the Blue Iris android app on the Google Play Store. I have the version from several years ago on my old android phone, but am trying to install the same app on a new phone, a Pixel 4a with android Ver 11 system software. When I go to the store and search for "Blue Iris" it does not show the old version, V2.0 69, and the familiar icon. I am still on Blue Iris V 4.8.x.x desktop software and a Windows 10 pc. I feel I am missing something simple.

Duane

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot find the Blue Iris android app on the Google Play Store. I have the version from several years ago on my old android phone, but am trying to install the same app on a new phone, a Pixel 4a with android Ver 11 system software. When I go to the store and search for "Blue Iris" it does not show the old version, V2.0 69, and the familiar icon. I am still on Blue Iris V 4.8.x.x desktop software and a Windows 10 pc. I feel I am missing something simple.

Duane
Looks like its missing. There was supposed to be a new updated version released so it may be related to that, though I dont know why the old version was taken down before the new one put up. Email support.

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, glad I'm not out to lunch on this. Now I'll have to figure what to do next.

Duane

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have it on your old phone, you can download an apk extractor app to pull the apk file off the old phone.

Then go into the settings on your new phone and allow apk file install from an unknown source and install that way. Then just make sure to re-enable the option to not allow installs from an unknown source.

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a copy of the APK BI app ver. 1.0.63 which is stable on current android versions 10 and 11. I just installed 2.0.69 about 4-5 days ago on a tablet and ended up removing it and downgraded. I recommend you try Smart Switch (Windows) from Samsung to create a back up of what you need. Smart Switch will transfer the file without updating the app to the new phone but you must use a pc or laptop to create the backup file. You can customize what you want. Do not do a direct phone to phone transfer.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
App is back up on the Google play store but I dont think it was updated. Last update on there says 1/6/2020

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Boristheblade, I found it this morning and have it downloaded and working. Thanks to the others for their interest and replies.
Duane

Tommyt79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had an issue open with Ken with the app running on Android and a few weeks ago, he told me a total rewrite was in the works and should be out before the end of Jan 2021. Getting close! Ken has been very responsive with other BI issues in the past. I'm going to give him a break on this one. But 4+ months with issues... Is kinda a long time.

They may have pulled it from the store due to issues with the current version.

Also.. This Blue Iris app is THE most expensive app I have ever purchased for my phone. Remember when it was free!

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had an issue open with Ken with the app running on Android and a few weeks ago, he told me a total rewrite was in the works and should be out before the end of Jan 2021. Getting close! Ken has been very responsive with other BI issues in the past. I'm going to give him a break on this one. But 4+ months with issues... Is kinda a long time.

They may have pulled it from the store due to issues with the current version.

Also.. This Blue Iris app is THE most expensive app I have ever purchased for my phone. Remember when it was free!
Looking forward to the new version. I put off buying it because I didn't want to buy it twice within three months.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking forward to the new version. I put off buying it because I didn't want to buy it twice within three months.
I'm still using the beta. Are you guys sure you can't enter beta on the play store. I did

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
You don’t have to pay again when a new version is released in the Play store
Yea - I dont see the beta option for others at this time. Maybe they closed it to limit testers