Android box with Tiny Cam Pro recommendation

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been using Tiny Cam Pro for almost a year with a tablet as a baby monitor. I've been wondering if anyone has used this as a NVR for up to 4 1080p max IP cameras? If so how has it worked?

I'm thinking about buying a Android box with ethernet port and setting up as a NVR.

Thanks

fvhjof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've tried using Tiny Cam Pro and android tablet (4 RTSP streams with 4k each, 20fps, 8Mbit) and it was lagging so much (1 fps in 3-4 seconds). Don't think 1080p will be better.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use TinyCam with an Nvidia Shield for viewing only. I have a Blue Iris machine for recording.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Some more info regarding tinyCam Monitor PRO running as DVR can be found here:

Last edited:

CaBrA

n3wb
Reaction score
How to know if an Android Box is compatible with Tinycam? Cause im buying one just for Tinycam

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
How to know if an Android Box is compatible with Tinycam? Cause im buying one just for Tinycam
Hard to say. The best Android TV box for tinyCam PRO is NVIDIA Shield TV.

CaBrA

n3wb
Reaction score
Now Im using Xiaomi Mi Box without problem, but I need to buy another cause using Android TV just for camera is a waste of Android Box. Id like to buy a cheaper one but dont know if I later discover is not compatible with Tinycam.

Aids10

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, same as this thread-

Thought it was going to be a guide to set-up the shield tv & tinycam pro as a NVR :love:

Aids10

n3wb
Reaction score
Can tinycam pro record to an external usb drive with the nvidia shield tv, or is it just for live viewing?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I guess it should be able to record to external USB drive. Connect USB drive and in App Settings - Recording Settings - Recording Directory and select external secondary storage.

Aids10

n3wb
Reaction score
@alexvas App cannot select local external storage (flash drive); says "parent directory can not be accessed". I have storage enabled in apps permissions :oops:

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Select app Settings - Recording Settings - Recording Directory and press DEFAULT button. You should be able to select another drive.

Aids10

n3wb
Reaction score
@alexvas Thanks mate! Assumed that was to revert to default, not select a new default folder :p

I note on the Shield Pro, the widget does not refresh automatically; it only updates image upon leaving live view.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I have NVIDIA Shield TV PRO 2019. How could you install widget on default Android TV screen?