ANNKE Wifi IP Camera Nova Orion - Can't Do Anything With it..

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got this camera on Amazon.. I downloaded their app and got it added to my wifi / network..

I installed SADP because I want to add it to Blue Iris but didn't know the IP address (their POS app doesn't give you any info about that..)..

So it finds the camera, shows it as inactive, and also gives me the IP.. I try to web to it with two different computers and numerous browsers.. I get:

This site can’t be reached
172.16.195.79 refused to connect.

So then it shows as "inactive" in the SADP tool. I select it, create a password, click on activate, and get "Device rejected"..

Hit the google and don't find much regarding that error.. How the heck can it be this difficult to web into the damned camera..

The quality of the camera itself is actually quite good, via their crap app.. The description and reviews state it's compatible with BI..

Any ideas?

Thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Doing some more digging I found that the bottom of the camera has a "verification code" on it.. I put the IP into BI and did an inspect.. It found the camera and I used admin and the verification code as the password.. But the thing has a stupid "Annke" logo on the video..

Also, I want to get into the device so I can turn off things that shouldn't be on so the chinese don't have free reign into my camera..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got this camera on Amazon.. I downloaded their app and got it added to my wifi / network..

I installed SADP because I want to add it to Blue Iris but didn't know the IP address (their POS app doesn't give you any info about that..)..

So it finds the camera, shows it as inactive, and also gives me the IP.. I try to web to it with two different computers and numerous browsers.. I get:

This site can’t be reached
172.16.195.79 refused to connect.

So then it shows as "inactive" in the SADP tool. I select it, create a password, click on activate, and get "Device rejected"..

Hit the google and don't find much regarding that error.. How the heck can it be this difficult to web into the damned camera..

The quality of the camera itself is actually quite good, via their crap app.. The description and reviews state it's compatible with BI..

Any ideas?

Thanks
If at all possible, avoid WiFi.
For a few dollars more, you could have gotten a much better camera.
Most of Annkes stuff is junk.
Amazon.com: Buying Choices: EmpireTech IP Camera IPC-A46 2K H.265 Wi-Fi PT Camera 3.6mm Fixed Lens Smart Tracking Two-way Talk English Version
Review-Dahua IPC-A46 4mp indoor PT cam.

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If at all possible, avoid WiFi.
For a few dollars more, you could have gotten a much better camera.
Most of Annkes stuff is junk.
Amazon.com: Buying Choices: EmpireTech IP Camera IPC-A46 2K H.265 Wi-Fi PT Camera 3.6mm Fixed Lens Smart Tracking Two-way Talk English Version
Review-Dahua IPC-A46 4mp indoor PT cam.
Thanks for the reply.. I paid $45 for the camera I linked. The one you linked was $120 so more then “a few dollars more..”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not 3 times the cost of this camera.. Look, I have 6 interior cameras and 4 exterior.. I got this just because it was on sale and had good reviews and said it was compatible with BI.. I didn't expect to get the scold of "should have read the wiki" etc.. Thanks anyways..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not 3 times the cost of this camera.. Look, I have 6 interior cameras and 4 exterior.. I got this just because it was on sale and had good reviews and said it was compatible with BI.. I didn't expect to get the scold of "should have read the wiki" etc.. Thanks anyways..
as with many annke products the reviews are fake...dont buy shit and get pissed when folks point you in the right direction.
Also note that aside from the hikvision cube rebrand, lots of annke stuff is made by xiongmai - MILLIONS OF XIONGMAI VIDEO SURVEILLANCE DEVICES CAN BE HACKED VIA CLOUD FEATURE (XMEYE P2P CLOUD)
If you are too cheap to buy something decent, you are better off buying an amcrest camera for 60-80 - though amcrest is a crap company, they rebrand dahua.