Another can't access from WAN thread

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
As the title says I can't access BI from the web. I have run the Remote Access Wizard and get green check marks on all pages except the Remote Access Test page. I get the error "401:unauthorized". Port forwarding is set up correctly and port checkers show the port (8501 in my case) to be open. I have no problem accessing BI from other computers and my cell phone while on my LAN so that tells me user names and passwords are correct. I have gone as far as temporarily turning off my firewall. No joy. Blueiris.exe is listed in the firewall allowed programs.

I've searched both this forum and the web and tried suggestions others with this problem have received. None solved my problem. The "401:unauthorized" message really puzzles me.

Any help would be much appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As the title says I can't access BI from the web. I have run the Remote Access Wizard and get green check marks on all pages except the Remote Access Test page. I get the error "401:unauthorized". Port forwarding is set up correctly and port checkers show the port (8501 in my case) to be open. I have no problem accessing BI from other computers and my cell phone while on my LAN so that tells me user names and passwords are correct. I have gone as far as temporarily turning off my firewall. No joy. Blueiris.exe is listed in the firewall allowed programs.

I've searched both this forum and the web and tried suggestions others with this problem have received. None solved my problem. The "401:unauthorized" message really puzzles me.

Any help would be much appreciated!
blue iris options >users
Make sure lan only is not selected.

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
LAN only is not selected.

It's the "401:unauthorized" error message on the remote access test page that really stumps me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LAN only is not selected.

It's the "401:unauthorized" error message on the remote access test page that really stumps me.
try deleting the user and adding it back.

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I deleted the user, then added it back leaving LAN only unselected......no joy. I still get "401:unauthorized" on the remote access test page.
I have also shut down and restarted the computer several times. Didn't help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I deleted the user, then added it back leaving LAN only unselected......no joy. I still get "401:unauthorized" on the remote access test page.
I have also shut down and restarted the computer several times. Didn't help.
make sure https is not selected in your app or used in your web address...
Also make sure upnp was not setup in your router, disable it.
Other than that I would email support and see what he says.

Also are you actually checking from a remote location and/or with the wifi turned off on your phone?

42etus

n3wb
Reaction score
Not using https in my phone app
Not using upnp in the router
Have tried my phone from a remote location with wifi off

None of that has helped

What I'm really stuck with is the "401:unauthorized" error message that BI gives me on the Remote access test page. That doesn't even involve my phone.